Sleeved Tuesday, 1st breakdown Sunday.

cdavis21
on 12/18/11 6:59 am - SC
Hi everyone. First I should say I'm new to OH but looking forward to becoming an active member. I am a 23 (one month shy of 24) year old female from South Carolina. I just got sleeved on Tuesday. I am needing a bit of encouragement to remind me that I did the right thing. My starting weight was 305 and I am now at 282. I just had an emotional breakdown today. I miss being "normal." I miss food. I miss being at my house and taking care of my self. I wanted to cry when my mom ordered pizza last night. I'm sure (ie i'm trying to convince myself) all of these things are normal post-op reactions, combined with the fact that I am having to stay at my mom's house and she is doing all the caretaking of my 2 year old daughter. I haven't seen much of my husband, I've had all the broth I can stand. I want these staples out now! Blah blah blah, I'm done whining. I know it will be worth it in the end and I'm trying to imagine my future self-I just need to vent to people that understand what I'm going through. Thanks for reading :) 
Mutha24Boyz
on 12/18/11 7:00 am - NY
All these feelings you are experiencing are very normal. Just concentrate on getting your fluids in and walking around and you will be back on your feet in no time!

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
Ms. Poker Face
on 12/18/11 7:19 am
 It's all very normal!  I don't have any magical words of wisdom because the first few weeks are hard.  But it's temporary.  In 4 or 6 or 8 weeks, all this full liquids business will be a memory.  You'll have moved through the food stages and onto regular food and it'll be better.

I am also a fan of counseling and recommend it.  It can help with mourning food!

Hang in there!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

ready2Bhealthy2
on 12/18/11 7:22 am

Welcome to the OH family and the losers bench.  Let me first say there is nothing "normal" about us weighing 300lbs (I maxed out at 286lbs so I wasn't far behind you).  Sure it felt normal, but it wasn't.  Our lives revolved around food and now you are going to mourn it.  Every commercial I saw for the first two weeks post op was about food.  I honestly never noticed that before.  I must say my recovery was a bit easier because no one ate tempting foods around me and I was snuggled in the comfort of my own home.  Don't rush the process and embrace the 25+lbs you have already lost.  Soon enough you will have pizza again but in much smaller quantities.  You will soon have enough energy to play with your 2 year old until she gets tired...won't that be amazing?!?!  Keep your head up and keep to the plan.  Best of luck.

HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
cdavis21
on 12/18/11 11:25 am - SC
On December 18, 2011 at 3:22 PM Pacific Time, ready2Bhealthy2 wrote:

Welcome to the OH family and the losers bench.  Let me first say there is nothing "normal" about us weighing 300lbs (I maxed out at 286lbs so I wasn't far behind you).  Sure it felt normal, but it wasn't.  Our lives revolved around food and now you are going to mourn it.  Every commercial I saw for the first two weeks post op was about food.  I honestly never noticed that before.  I must say my recovery was a bit easier because no one ate tempting foods around me and I was snuggled in the comfort of my own home.  Don't rush the process and embrace the 25+lbs you have already lost.  Soon enough you will have pizza again but in much smaller quantities.  You will soon have enough energy to play with your 2 year old until she gets tired...won't that be amazing?!?!  Keep your head up and keep to the plan.  Best of luck.

Thank you so much! This is probably the most helpful advice I've been told to date. You are so right. I have noticed the food commercials as well and boy is it tough! 
happyteacher
on 12/18/11 7:35 am
 Hang in there.  I go in tomorrow so I am right behind you :)   I have found this board to be exceedingly helpful.  Try to do things that will keep your mind off the food.  Read a great book, surf the Internet, post a million posts here on OH, etc!  Sending good karma your way!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

scorp2413
on 12/18/11 8:31 am - orchard park, NY
Very normal and I will say, this will not be your last breakdown! I have had a few along the way but 99% of the time this is the best decision of my life. When you are able to start eating real food it will get easier!

kimbethin
on 12/18/11 10:36 am - CA
I'd say you breakdown is right on schedule.  I felt the same way, I'm told it's because of hormones release during rapid fat loss.  It felt kind of like pms to me.  You are making such big changes you are bound to be emotional.  Give yourself some time.  You'll feel way better when you can start eating a little more normally.  Remember why you decided to do this.  All of the reasons are still valid.  Soon you'll be posting NSVs and happy pictures- good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
cdavis21
on 12/18/11 11:26 am - SC
On December 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM Pacific Time, kimbethin wrote:
I'd say you breakdown is right on schedule.  I felt the same way, I'm told it's because of hormones release during rapid fat loss.  It felt kind of like pms to me.  You are making such big changes you are bound to be emotional.  Give yourself some time.  You'll feel way better when you can start eating a little more normally.  Remember why you decided to do this.  All of the reasons are still valid.  Soon you'll be posting NSVs and happy pictures- good luck!
That makes sense. Thank you. What's NSV? lol.
kimbethin
on 12/18/11 12:20 pm - CA
Non Scale Victory, like staying on plan at a Christmas party or needing to try 3 pair of pants one morning because the first 2 were too big to wear out of the house.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views