OMG....never again !

soon2b20
on 12/6/11 10:05 am - NJ
Didn't follow the rules at dinner and ate way too fast.  I am so uncomfortable and in so much pain I feel like I am going to throw up.   Walking is helping and I hope this digests quickly.  Guess they really tell you to eat slowly and chew chew chew for a good reason.  NEVER AGAIN ! 

katier825
on 12/6/11 10:14 am
It is a very uncomfortable experience. Hope it doesn't last long and you learn your lesson!
abrown8434
on 12/6/11 10:19 am - VA
I'm almost 11 weeks and it wasn't until two weeks ago that I finally learned how to eat slow enough or the correct portion size where I don't have any throwing up episodes. Don't worry; you're new and as you go through the different stages of eating and reintroduction to different foods you will live and learn. Best of luck to you!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

trayb17
on 12/6/11 10:41 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Hope you feel better quickly! I am wondering just how slowly one needs to eat or is it different for everyone??
soon2b20
on 12/6/11 10:42 am - NJ
Speed and volume eating were my 2 biggest evils.  Volume is no longer an issue after the sleeve but slowing down still is.   I did wind up getting sick and feel so much better.  A lesson learned for sure.

Soosy
on 12/6/11 12:36 pm - TX
Sometimes it just feels better to just do it when you feel like that! I'm not encouraging it at all. I'm just saying I know the feeling and getting it out makes it go away quickly!

Two things to note: I discovered that sometimes chewing gum helps to get things calmed down in the pouch!

And I had an episode recently when I ate some left over turkey it didn't settle well and I ended up throwing it up. At dinner the same thing with elk steak... I told my dietician about it and she said if it happens again like that to go straight liquids for the rest of the day. The pouch needs some time to recover from the irritation of throwing up.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views