Beyond Slow......... Will someone look at my daily intake?

stacezoe
on 11/8/11 10:42 pm, edited 11/8/11 10:45 pm
Ok, I decided to adapt the possitive attitude and accept if I follow program I WOULD see results. So for the last 3 weeks I have exercised 5X a week (kettle bell, Kickboxing and Exercise bike) I have also made sure I hit my protein and water targets EVERY day. I'm stumped...

First month I lost 17lbs with a 2 week stall, second month I lost 7 with a two week stall,this month so far 3 weeks in today I've lost 2lbs and have been at the same damn 256 for two weeks, cept when TOM came and I went up to 260 for a week! Can someone please tell me ha doing wrong????????? I actually am that one person this is not working for...

Typical day:
Wake up at 6 and do a 1/2 hour wkout
Coffee -reguler with sugarfree hazelnut creamer
1/2 cup egg beaters with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese
lunch- 1/2 cup Chicken salad made with greek fat free plain yogurt and franks hot sauce,
snack, beef jerkey or almonds an oz of which ever I choose
Dinner 4oz of meatd whatever veggie I feed my family
Usually ride exercise bike for 30 minutes at 14mph burning 200 calories 7 miles
snack protein shake made with light Almond milk and Nectar 140 cals 2gms carbs

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am getting really sad now. I haven't seen anyone else in month 3 lose nothing...
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
bigmama3
on 11/8/11 11:02 pm

I'm stalled as well.  lost over 45 pounds in 2 months, and now haven't lost anything for over a week.  I suspect we will have to "ride it out".  I have to say it's easier to give this advice (or read about it on the board) than to live it!

Good luck to us!!!!

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

wls2011
on 11/8/11 11:11 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 Your food and exercise look pretty good to me....I don't know what the calorie total is, but if you are going much over 800 cals daily, you might want to reduce your intake...many on here report that they do not lose weight in the beginnning unless they stay between 800-1000 cals (while keeping up the protein and limiting the carbs).

I'd also say be careful of your portions...at 6 months out, I can only eat 2-3 oz of meat (not 4 oz yet)...and definitely can't add veggies with most meats (since I'd get too full)... my max meal is supposed to stay in the 4 oz range (including everything eaten at one time). This also has to be done within 20 minutes....so if I can't fini**** I don't stretch out the meal time to eat more...

Lastly, you may be doing everything perfectly sometimes, and our bodies just do what they want...my weightloss had spurts and wasn't always representative of my work put into it. Not to mention, your body fat could be changing, so your inches could be dropping, and you could be improving your body composition, without any change on the scale....

Keep up the good work! You will lose the weight if you stick to it! 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

laurenskapolska
on 11/9/11 6:22 am - Windsor Locks, CT
I can eat so much more than that and had my surgery around the same time.  I want to hang my head and cry.
Happy966
on 11/9/11 10:34 am

Don't despair, Lauren!  I looked at your profile and it seems you're doing great!  I suspect I don't have the world's smallest sleeve either.  Are you satisfied with what you're eating?   Are you still losing?

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Ms Shell
on 11/8/11 11:19 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Do you know off chance what the calorie/protein/carb break down that is?  Also 3 weeks in a LIFETIME battle to be healthy is NOTHING.  If you'd been doing it 2 months then I'd wonder, but 3 weeks, hang in there.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Mom4Jazz
on 11/8/11 11:19 pm
It might just be a stall. On the other hand, at 6 months post-op VSG there's no way I could eat 4 oz of meat and a veggie (or 4 oz of meat by itself for that matter). Have you talked to your surgeon about this?

Are you tracking your calories? I use myfitnesspal.com to track calories, fluid and exercise and have found it really helps me stay on track. I even log any of my supplements that have calories or carbs (I found that with my calcium and fiber my supplements were almost 50 calories and over 20 carbs, so I switched to a non-caloric calcium).

I did find if I logged every bite as I went it made a huge difference.

One caution, though - they set it up so you have more calories available to eat if you enter exercise. I ignore that!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

blakereimert
on 11/8/11 11:37 pm - TX

Lose the beef jerky and almonds for a week and see what happens. I quit eating both because os sodium and I dropped. Just a thought, replace with fat free cheese or something else low carb, maybe veggies.

howarli
on 11/8/11 11:46 pm - MD

I hear you loud and clear.  I'm in the same boat  I have been looking @ 260 for the last 3 weeks.  I pray that I'm losing inches.  Keep doing what you are doing.  I keep saying I will not get on the scale everyday........maybe tommorrow I take a peep and then check again on Monday. 

felicity2u
on 11/9/11 12:15 am - LA

Have you ever counted to see how much actual protein you are getting in?  As much as I love eggs and cheese and yes they have protein, they don't have super amounts.  Also, like others have said above, how many calories are you getting in.  If you are working out every day, you may need to take in more.  Also, and some may kill me for saying this, you may want to relax on the working out and start from the basics 600-800 calories, 70+g of protein, 64oz + of water, and no more than 45 carbs a day and I never exceed 15 per meal.  I use to work out four times a week and found that my weight loss slowed alot when I did.  While I'm still in my losing phase I now only go two times a week and have found my weight loss pick up since I did that.  I would definitely journal your food and see how much you are actually gettting in.  It may not be as much as you think! Hope this helps!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views