full liquid stage

dmich
on 10/26/11 8:58 am
So what is on the full liquid stage? My dr let me use ff lactaid or ff soy milk form day one. What would be the difference? I found that I only wanted clear liquids for the first week anyway but by the second I have been using the lactaid with no issues. Do you get other foods to eat?
newme2011-2012
on 10/26/11 9:07 am, edited 10/25/11 9:07 pm
protien drinks and cream soups (strained), soups veggie /meat kind blended.
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

dmich
on 10/26/11 9:32 am
so when you say strained soup do you mean just no chunks of anything in it . Like brocholie cheese soup in a can is a creamed soup but it does not have pieces of anything in it.
Mr-Smith
on 10/26/11 10:32 am - Hillsdale, MI
Here's the deal on soups, blend it, strain it, thin it, add protient to it.  Your choices for protien are powdered milk, egg beaters uncooked (don't worry, it's pasturized) or unflavoried whey.  To thin it use skim milk or tomotoe soup.  To strain it, get a strainer and after you blend it, pass it thru the strainer, what makes it to the other side, you can eat (drink).  As far as thinning is concerned, at room tempature, it should run off a spoon like milk.  With creativity, you can have a lot of variety on the liquid phase.  My favorites were the organic bean/veggie soups from Amy's Organic brand. Stay away from soups with meat chunks in them, even after blending, most of that doesn't make it thru the strainer.  When you use Whey protien, don't heat it to much, the whey does not like high heat. 

Good luck and lets us know what you came up with.  For starters, go out and get some bean and bacon soup and give it a try.

RealRae2011
on 10/26/11 12:15 pm - PA
Yes, you want to avoid chunks during this phase. I use cream soups and pureed them in the blender to breakdown any chunk like in cream of chicken then I add chicken booth to thin it a little.
cme
on 10/26/11 9:22 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I was able to add yogurt, cottage cheese, protien shakes at that point, along with applesuace.
Birdie55
on 10/26/11 11:15 am
My surgeon said Full liquids was anything that would fit through a straw.  So, thin anything so it fits through a straw.  I drank a lot of protein drinks while on full liquids, ate some strained soup and drank water or decaf tea.  I didn't have an appetite, so didn't try other things until I got to mushies.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

dmich
on 10/27/11 10:17 am
thanks. I had my appt with the nut today and I have all sorts of ideas now. Found a very good squash soup that comes in a box at aldies today thats all set to eat. They have a tomatoe one too but have not tried that one. I add unflavored protien to it and thined it out with water . very filling and very good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views