Fantastic NSV

sheilapinkney
on 10/21/11 12:58 am - Calgary, Canada

I am 3 1/2 months out from surgery.  I went to see my family doctor who wanted to do a panel of blood work on me just to see where my nutrition levels are, and I am please to annouce that my results were all 100% normal. 

I had type II diabetes and high cholesterol, now both are completely gone.  I am no longer considered diabetic and my cholesterol is completely normal.   The only thing she has to adjust is my thyroid medication because she had upped the dosage before any weight loss, now she needs to cut the dosage in half. 

This sleeve has saved my life.  The whole reason for having WLS was to improve my health and get me off all the medication I was taking, now within 3 months of surgery, that has happened.  I could not be happier.

For all of you still waiting to have surgery or are comtemplating getting surgery, it will change your life for the better.  Yes it is a scary decision but for me it was scarier to live life at the weight I was carrying around.   Good luck with your decision.

A very happy Sheila! 

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Ms. Poker Face
on 10/21/11 1:55 am
Woo hoo for you!!!!!!!!!!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

anninva
on 10/21/11 2:28 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
WOOT!  WOOT!  congrats!!!  the nsv are the best!!!!!  still waiting for my numbers to come down, but who knows?!?!??!!?  yay you and yay for vsg!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Ms Shell
on 10/22/11 7:26 am - Hawthorne, CA
Beautiful testimony...congratulations!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views