Help....old VSGers

sexyjojo56
on 9/21/11 6:13 am
Help....I am just shy of 2 years out. I have lost 115 lbs and the last year maintained it easily. I am in the last month without any energy, weak, this is not like me at all. I take my Vitamins everyday and added calcium citrate about a yr. ago. I take vitamin B complex and B12 too. Has anyone had this happen at 2 years?
Thank you
cabcab
on 9/21/11 6:20 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I'm still just 9 months post-VSG, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your success.

My thoughts are that if you're still doing everything the same that you should go see your doctor and see if anything else is going on.  It might not have anything to do with your VSG and weight loss.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

loverofcats
on 9/21/11 6:27 am
I would recommend getting a set of labs, including TSH and iron and protein levels.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

sexyjojo56
on 9/21/11 6:28 am
Thank you... I do see the Doc. next tuesday for annual. you may be rite, I appreciate your help.
infodiva808
on 9/21/11 6:46 am
I have seen others posting similar. With our surgery it is possible to become deficient in iron. Good you are seeing your doctor. I would call ahead and get the blood work ordered so when you were in the office your needs could be addressed then. If I felt like you describe, I wouldn't wait.

Debber7714
on 9/21/11 6:53 am
I agree with infodiva808 and loverofcats, call ahead and make sure you get your iron checked. If you're still doing that menstral stuff, it might be because of that. Good luck!

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 6:56 am, edited 9/21/11 7:46 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Also be specific about asking for a ferritin, as a lot of doctors just pull H&H, iron saturations and TIBC. Ferritin is like your store for iron, your H&H can be fine like checks you have out in the system, but your bank account, (ferritin) can be low or depleted. 

Do you have copies of your labs from before so you can track trends in your values?  This is a *very* helpful thing, because most doctors, no matter how wonderful we think they are, rarely track our trends, they just look at the typical lab parameters that are marked high and low. 

Take care of you!
sexyjojo56
on 9/21/11 7:45 am

THANK YOU ALL.... AS ALWAYS THIS FORUM IS A PLACE TO TURN FOR COMFORT AND INFO. AND AS ALWAYS, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE....
XOXOXO

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views