Banded 4yrs & considering VSG

JULIA_D
on 9/4/11 9:25 am
I am 4yrs post lap band and considering revision to VSG. I lost 121pounds with the band but have had so many problems with reflux, fills, un-fills and have gained 50 pounds. Just wanting some information on expreriences with VSG. Thanks for your time.
Julia D.
Smardeepants
on 9/4/11 9:44 am
I know USAF wife had a revision... she's an amazing resource with a ton of knowledge, and an incredible story. Go to page 2 of this post (from a few days ago) to read about it.

I'm sure there are many more, but her story really sticks in my mind.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4444638/Does-anyone-wi sh-they-would-have-had-a-differend-WLS/action,replies/topic_ id,4444638/page,2/

JULIA_D
on 9/4/11 10:00 am
Thank you so much for this information. I really want to get this band out of my body but I don't want to go back to where I was before the band.
Thanks again,
Julia D.
cindydcole
on 9/4/11 10:53 am - TN
Hi Julia - I had lapband in 2004 and revised to VSG in April of this year.  Its been a great decision for me.  My band was great at first, then it took on a mind of its own.  No matter how many fills, or unfills I had, it remained so tight I had reflux constantly and gained about 50 lbs.  When I asked my MD about RNY - he suggested VSG.  I'm a slow loser, but I'm so happy with the sleeve - I've lost my 50 lbs and now only need to lose another 50 and I feel confident I can do it.  Reflux and barfing are gone.  Good luck on your decision.

Meme10
on 9/4/11 11:52 am - TX
I was banded in 2008. I lost 60lbs, but I stalled and started gaining after eighteen months. I went on a liquid protein diet last year(medically supervised) and lost 25 more lbs. I've gained back 30. My doctor said fifty lbs is all I would lose with the band and it did all it was going to do. All I was getting from the band was reflux. I will be sleeved in a month. I only wish insurance had covered the sleeve three years ago. I am ready!!!
              HW-307  lapband-243  SW-250  CW-225  GW-150                  

JULIA_D
on 9/4/11 1:19 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I am going to make an appointment with my surgeon next week and see what I can do with my insurance company. I hope that they will cover VSG for me. I paid for my lapband out of pocket.

acbbrown
on 9/4/11 2:18 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I think the sleeve is a great surgery. My only advice would be to talk to a competent surgeon about possible reflux issues. The sleeve sometimes causes acid reflux and my surgeon said he would not perform the sugery on someone who already had moderate-severe reflux.

I have a bad case of reflu post-op (never had it before) and it SUCKS. So, depending on how severe your reflux is, just consider that.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views