Restriction

sheilapinkney
on 8/15/11 12:37 am - Calgary, Canada
I am almost 3 weeks out (on Wednesday), and I have a question about restriction.

What does it feel like?  How will I know if I have restriction?

Any help from the vetrens would be much appreciated.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Ms Shell
on 8/15/11 3:10 am - Hawthorne, CA
Feels like I'm full with the inability to eat more.  The amounts that make me feel full VARY on the food I'm eating.  In addition I try NOT to feel full.  I know I CAN eat about 10-12oz of food depending so I restrict it to 8oz because I'm looking for satisfaction over feeling full.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

hmd77
on 8/15/11 3:38 am - KY
I am 2 months out and still don't get that big red flag telling me to stop. Instead I get pain once I pass that point. It feels like you ate so much that you are going to ralph and your chest hurts.  Some people say it is a runny nose, belch or hiccup that signals them to stop, but I have never had any of those.  For me, the best way to know when to stop is by visually seeing how much food I am eating. You have to stop yourself before you hit that point of no return. It is really just a learning game. Good luck

Surgery Date  6/6/2011
Bluegrass Bariatrics
Dr. John Oldham
Add me on FB -  http://www.facebook.com/heavenly12b

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views