3 months, 50 pounds, and most important ... half way to goal

ChangingNow
on 8/3/11 9:54 am - OH
Three months since surgery and I'm half way to my goal weight (I did not have a pre-surgery diet).  Yeah!  Surgery was uneventful and I've been feeling good since. 

I will probably always have at least one protein drink every day.  Although my surgeon prefers patients to not have protein drinks after the first month or so, he's OK with me having them since I hate meat.  (I've always hated meat.)  So I've been having lots of protein drinks, greek yogurt, cheese, edamame, and other soy products.

After trying what seems like hundreds of protein drinks, my current favorite is Premier Protein ready to drink chocolate.  I usually have one for breakfast, sometimes followed by some yogurt, lunch and dinner is 1/4 - 1/2 cup of something, protein first.  I do not snack at all.

Getting in enough water is sometimes problematic.  I do best if I drink a lot in the morning.

Like many others have noted, I look as if I am melting from the top down.  I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs -- they don't look too much thinner, but my face does.

I know that the next three months won't lead to as much weight loss as the past three, but the changes will be more significant as I cruise into Onederland.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 10:12 am
Congrats on making that milestone! If you have not been taking measurements- do it- I have the same top-down issue, but the tape measure really does tell you that you're losing all over!
ChangingNow
on 8/3/11 10:43 am, edited 8/3/11 10:44 am - OH
Yes ... I'm glad I took measurements before surgery.  But really, why can't my ass and thighs just go away?  Because they have been around for decades and they are stubborn.

chunkymonkey1991
on 8/3/11 11:21 am
I just realized that we have the exact same starting and goal weights! Two questions: are you having any trouble with loose skin yet and how would you describe your exercise (light, moderate, vigorous)? I'm having surgery tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks!
ChangingNow
on 8/3/11 11:42 am - OH
No loose skin yet, but I'm sure my thighs will look horrible when I get closer to goal.  I'm also worried about my upper arms, but I think my tummy will be OK.

I walk, fairly fast, every day for about 45 minutes.  I did this daily before surgery too (for many years).  I know that I should be doing more ... maybe we can motivate each other to do better!

I'm 5'6", a large frame (I've always thought so, but it was confirmed by my surgeon, who set my goal a bit higher than those of the same height with a smaller frame) and I'm 46. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 11:46 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Congrats on your success! I've been focusing on weight training vice cardio and really seeing a diff in my shape and tone. Loving it.
Daviegrandma
on 8/3/11 11:50 am - Davie, FL
Congrats... that is fantastic...I hope for the same results as you.. I am only 10 days out and down 20.5 pounds....

I love my sleeve...

IrishColleen
on 8/3/11 1:33 pm - Owosso, MI
 Congratulations!!  You are doing so well and you're such an inspiration to all of us!  Keep up the great work!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views