i gave a speach on vsg ,to the doctors... long.

priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 4:12 am

my doctor called me up and asked me that they are having an event which about 200 to 150 doctors will be attending, and they will be educated about the surgery so that they feel comfortable recommending this surgery to the patients *****quire it. so he requested me to come and give an account of my experience in front of them , and said as i have so much knowledge about the surgery i can answer their question's too (thanks to oh ) .i am so thrilled . so this is my speech that i prep aired and gave. Sunday 17Th July 2011.
i was the guest of honour . given flowres and everything.... owsome experiance .

Hello doctors,
I am priyanka tiwari , I am 31 years old ,married and a mother of a 3 year old .this is my story. 14th june was my surgery, so three days ago I completed 1 month of my new life. I got a vsg ,vertical sleeve gastractomy. My highest weight was 119kgs and since surgery I have lost 13 kgs now I weigh 105 kg. Which is a big achievement for me , because all I am doing is walking for 1 hour and as my stomach is fairly new, I am still on a liquid diet. I have always been  obese. I am a vegetarian, never liked soda drinks, don’t indulge myself in chips and stuff like that ,but still I was struggling with weight issues. I had tried every diet possible. All kinds of weight reducing machines, and excising.  
You know what I lost weight , some times Lost 10 kgs some times 25 kgs . And it was sooo hard to shed those kilos.i used to go on tremendous diets , some times healthy, some times unhealthy, and during that time my constant struggle was not to eat what I like. So that ,when I climb the scale the next day I should weigh less. I exercised 2 to 3 hours daily. Hard work was never an issue with me

Now you all must be thinking ,then where was the problem,?

Well the problem was maintainace, maintaining the low weight, maintaining the excersing, maintaining healthy food choices’ .  I was not the person, who’s life I was living, during this weight loosing phase. My issue was quantity , I love rice, sweets , pasta, pizza, but was never able to restrict my self to 1-2 servings. Because if I was hungry and have space in my stomach and had my favorite food infront of me , I would like to fill my self, which we all do on some occasion . and especially when I reached my low weight and I started eating more normally , it was a game over for me , because I had deprived my self of comfort ,which I like , by excersing, and deprived my self of food , which I love too , by not eating. And this time when I gained back my weight, it used to be more than I lost.

It was like a vicious circle, I kept on loosing and gaining weight like no bodies business. And I was fed up of this life , of constantly depriving my self . Now we come to my decision of vsg.i have heard some talk in my home town , that some man got this surgery and died.although I was scared, but  By now I have become so desperate ,that even with such a bad feed back, I wanted to research this surgery. And see, will it work for me.

I came across this amazing site on internet . Where there are forums of all kinds of weight loss surgeries. And there were people like me, feeling the same things, I feel , have been through the same issues, I have been through. People who have got VSG and other kinds of surgeries, about 5 - 10 – and 25 years ago. I thanked  god,  because I got answers to all my questions. I used to sit infront of the computer the whole day ,
just reading stuff. I came to know, that with this surgery my lifelong enemy ,hunger,  will be repressed. And because of the restriction, I would be able to eat very small quantities. Of whatever I like. With vsg I will not have dumping syndrome, which is common with other weight loss surgeries. Now dumping means ,if I eat any sugar , ill through up. So with VSG I can still enjoy a normal life, and eat, an occasional piece of cake, on my daughter’s birthday.  I also read about the complications. And found that, all of them can be avoided, if you have a good surgeon and a good team of doctors, and especially the facility where you are getting the surgery , is equipped to handle any kind of issue under the sun .

so that was my deciding factor

Columbia Asia is a very good hospital.  And matched my requirement totally. I felt safe,to get my surgery done here. And When I met my doctor ,doctor shivram , I had a questioner ready with me, with more than 40 question, in it, now mind you , I had already done ,all the research about the surgery ,that can be done, by an inquisitive  person. And I knew this particular surgery in and out. Now I was only asking those questions to know, how much the doctor knows about the surgery. 

Sorry doctor shivram.  

And after that consultation, I was sure, I was in very safe hands , and doctor shivram was, very knowledgeable, caring and very easy to talk to , or get answers from.

Thank you doctor for being my angle. And giving me this new life.

To get the VSG, was a life altering decision for me. An irreversible procedure. 

I had seen the results , and life’s changed of so many people , people living a better life , doing things ,which were only a dream for them till now. Weight loss surgery has changed ,every thing for them , for good. So many comorbedities, have been resolved , they were off of 4 to 5 pills, that they were taking for their ailments.  Every one seemed so happy , and with every story,    I heard….. “ I love my sleeve."

I want to live a, normal , happy, and long life, a life where I don’t have to constantly watch, what I eat. I don’t want to die of a  heart attack. I don’t want to be on endless number of medicines, I want to be the most beautiful person in the room, not the biggest.i want to be in all my family photos , which I hide from. I want to stand beside my , handsome husband and look beautiful.

I have struggled, my whole life, to live this dream, and now with this surgery, it will be possible .

Thank you.

LilySlim - (m9B4)
Laurie M.
on 7/18/11 5:39 am - KS

Great Job!

lucy2e
on 7/18/11 6:01 am - Laurel, MD
Very nice Priya!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

lmreadynow
on 7/18/11 6:49 am
 Loveit!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Happy Girl
on 7/18/11 1:55 pm - CA
That was beautifully said! I can relate to so much of what you said. Great job!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 11:15 pm
thanks a lot guys .
hugs
p

LilySlim - (m9B4)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views