too much snacking at 9 months out!! I need slapped!!

Christyr2943
on 7/7/11 11:14 am - MD
I have lost almost 100 lbs. in 9 months & now I'm snacking & can't seem to get out of this rut!!  No real loss in the last month, I need to snap out of this & I'm not sure how.  4th of July weekend at the beach has put mind back into my old habits.  While the quanites are still small the choices have been bad.  Anyone else been through this? If so how did you snap out of it??

before pre-op diet =  327lbs. SW= 312 lbs. CW=214.6 lbs.                      

DrHollywood
on 7/7/11 11:29 am - Harbor City, CA
Try green smoothies.  its takes cravings away.  
Maybe you need to detox off things your eating...

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Smardeepants
on 7/7/11 11:40 am
Not to hijak the post... but what kind of protein do you use in yours? Unflavored? Or something else? Just curious...

prayinghard2day
on 7/7/11 12:04 pm
What are green smoothies?
jengo1971
on 7/7/11 11:41 am
Hi Christy.  Congrats on your success thus far.  Your new avatar looks great!  I'm 7 months out and have found myself having more and more
"cheating" moments throughout the week.  When the vets warn "make the most of the first six months", I now understand why.  It's so much easier now than it was just a few months ago (d/t the stomach being healed/without swelling). 
I do get scared sometimes that I'll let things get out of control BUT I enjoy my new body soooo much more than the snacks!  I normally get right back on it the next day. 
I haven't seen you on here lately (and I'm here multiple times a day).  Maybe you should post more often for the support?
The best of luck to you achieving goal!  Hugs.........Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
cnjm6201
on 7/7/11 1:56 pm
I am 8 months out and I totally understand what you are going through.  I feel great and I have lost a little over 100lbs. but I find myself allowing some of those old comforts back in now and then.  I miss my determination and resolve that I had 8 months ago.  It's not my stomach (that's still small) its my head.  I have to work on this problem in my head.   I mean I had my stomach cut out to finally become healthy.  I have to take protein and pills for the rest of my life.  I have this new life and new body because I cut all the junk out 8 months ago so why with all that would I even want to think about eating any of the old junk.  Just tonight we had a picnic and I ate a brownie.  It wasn't so good that it is worth giving up all that I have gained.  I have to remind myself of that drive that brought me to surgery.  I was determined to no longer be a failure but to succeed and I knew that with help I could do it.  I have done it and when I feel weak and want to cheat, I have to remind myself that I am not that weak person anymore.  I am a strong, confident, determined woman that refused to settle for being unhappy and unhealthy.  I refused to continue to be an observer to life and not a participant.  I refuse to go back to who I was.  When I cheat I have to remind myself that I did this and I can continue to do this for the rest of my life.  And you know what I don't need to miss those old foods and crave them anymore.  Food isn't a person, it isn't a family member to miss.  It's food, its fuel, it is a tool I use to shape my body and health.  I control my food it doesn't control me.  I don't need to miss those brownies and struggle with should I or shouldn't I anymore.  You know what I would miss.  My size 12 jeans and my non-plus sized clothes.  Shopping and being able to buy something without trying it on.  I would miss running with my kids.  And amazing sex!  That I would miss for sure.  I would miss my family, my husband and my kids.  But food I do not need to miss or desire it anymore.  I don't know if you realized this yet or not, but I am mostly talking to myself.  Thank you so much for posting.  I needed to know that I am not the only one out there, and I needed to remember why I did this.  I hope this helps you because it sure helped me.  God Bless!
"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
roundater
on 7/7/11 2:09 pm - Lincoln, NE
Just keep thinking of that new and healthier you down the road and those head cravings will be pushed aside. Activity is another way to get the head games to go away.
Rich Sonderegger

sarah092080
on 7/7/11 10:15 pm - Cumming, GA
Im 11 months out and I too have dealt with this some. The 5 day pouch test has really helped me a couple of times now. It really helps to get rid of the craving for snacking. You can google it for what to do. I hope this helps you. It really does work, plus you will probably lose a few extra pounds.

bekahler
on 7/7/11 10:26 pm - Parkville, MD
I have nothing particularly helpful to offer but I wanted to stop and pause to say OMG you look AMAZING in your new Avi..I didnt recognize you!

I think it may have to do with the phase we are in with our journey...just veer back to the middle of the road...you can do this!

Protein first, then veg and DRINK! 

Good luck!
"There are no Strangers Here, Only Unmet Friends" ~Helen Keller        

180lberstuckinside
on 7/7/11 10:46 pm - Cumming, GA
Ditto. But I'm doing worse than you. Too much snacking. Too much sweet stuff.

I've come here to get recommitted. I've got to get back on track. Now is as good a time as any.

Chad
HW: 316 / SW: 294 / CW: 197.5 / GW: 195
First 5K: 29:50 mins. on 3/12/11 (4 month surgiversary)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 263 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 326 views