Protein Smoothie Blending Advice

ahleeeshah
on 6/20/11 1:49 am, edited 6/20/11 2:37 am
Since I started having problems with Premier Protein shakes (were great then some were too thick, then they sent me a case of the reformulated shakes and they are so thin it's like slightly chocolatey water), I have become obsessed with Smoothie King's Gladiator protein smoothie. 45 grams of protein, 189 calories, no sugar, 1 carb, and it is delicious. I taste no protein whatsoever, although apparently I'm just getting used to protein taste because my boyfriend said he could definitely taste it.

My new addiction was getting a little expensive since they aren't cheap and the closest Smoothie King is way outside of my daily routes, so I have decided to try to make my own since they sell big tubs of the protein powder they use in the store. My boyfriend is awesome and bought me one of the super-powerful Ninja blenders and I've got some fruit in the freezer now so that I can try to make one when I get home.

My worry now is that the one time I've tried to blend a smoothie, it was in my bullet, and it was so full of air that I couldn't drink it. I don't have problems with them when I get them from Smoothie King, so I'm hoping that you guys might have some tips and tricks you use to make sure there isn't a bunch of air!

P.S. As a side note, I'm down 50 pounds today!

Brenda L.
on 6/20/11 2:08 am - Raleigh, NC
I am so addicted to these protein drinks too! I did find out that you use ice and no other liquids to make these at home. Yummy now I want one now!
  Brendini                                                              
KrisJ77
on 6/20/11 2:13 am - TX
I am addicted to the shakes at Golds gym! I know what you mean though about being expensive! I wish I knew how to make theirs at home!!

laurak712
on 6/20/11 6:20 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yeah Golds smoothies are awesome.  Have you ever watched them make them?  Looks like they use some kind of flavored liquid that we can't get for home use.

Laura

Height 5' 7

KrisJ77
on 6/23/11 12:05 am - TX
Hey - my friend works there! I am going to ask her!! 

laurak712
on 6/23/11 9:24 am - New Braunfels, TX
So I asked the girl behind the counter and she showed me the carton of flavoring they use and it is unbelievable high in cals and sugar.  The "pure Protein" shake size small has like 350 cals for 22gms of protein...not good stats at all, sigh.   She suggested the "carb buster" which is just protein powder and water...I can do that at home, LOL.  And a lot cheaper.

Let me know what your friend says. 

Laura

Height 5' 7

laurak712
on 6/23/11 9:26 am - New Braunfels, TX
By the way, are you in the San Antonio area?  I have another friend who used that surgeon...Trish is her name.

Height 5' 7

KrisJ77
on 6/24/11 4:26 am - TX
Yes...I live in Schertz....my husband is stationed at Randolph.  Trish is on here, right?

KrisJ77
on 6/24/11 4:25 am - TX
Wholy crap! That's bad....I don't drink those very often! Now I might never! Too bad too because I actually like them! 

laurak712
on 6/24/11 4:34 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yeah, there's a reason they're so good...sugar!. LOL.  So you live in Schertz...man that's very close to me.  I'm on the other side of 35 in the Garden Ridge area down 3009 a bit.  And yes Trish is on here.  We've become friends because we attend a monthly support group meeting together.  And you'd be more than welcome in the group.  It's nice to be around others that understand our issues.  Would love to meet you sometime...

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views