8 months out...weight loss WAY SLOW

HappyHunny
on 6/14/11 5:18 am
Just curious...Ive not lost much weight well pretty much NONE in about 3 months....I had about 70-80 to lost ive lost about 55 pounds.....am I done?  Ive not been eating any differently than before...did anyone hit 6 months and just STOP losing?
emelar
on 6/14/11 5:22 am - TX
You were a lightweight going into surgery, so your weight loss is likely to be slow(er).  And that last 25 is gonna be a ***** to get off.  You'll probably need to shake something up either food-wise or exercise-wise to get it going again.  But, in my opinion, it's only OVER when you say it's over. 
AniO
on 6/14/11 5:33 am
I right there with you HappyHunny!

acbbrown
on 6/14/11 5:44 am - Granada Hills, CA
Are you tracking your food? If not, you may be eating more than you think. You can always try and tweak your food/exercise.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

HappyHunny
on 6/14/11 5:46 am
No ive never tracked my food...I know thats horrible but I never have since day one...I just know like today im havin a grilled chicken sandwhich on wheat bun...Ill eat on it all day long...and that will be all I eat :S
acbbrown
on 6/14/11 6:07 am - Granada Hills, CA
Well, I think that's the problem. You have to eat MORE than that. That's not very healthy to eat a single sandwhich all day, and not going to help lose weight. Perhaps increase your food intake and calories to 1200 and see if that helps. You neeed to stick it out for a month though to see if it's going to make a difference. 

Hope you figure it out and get the ball rolling again.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/14/11 6:07 am
Too few calories can cause your metabolism to slow down and a stall. See a nutrionist if you don't figure it out yourself.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
KrisJ77
on 6/14/11 7:19 am - TX
I think that might be it! When I eat more the scale moves - it's hard though because I'm hardly ever hungry.  I think you should just try for 1 day to track your calories! Shoot for 600-800.

JustLora
on 6/14/11 6:19 am - Omaha, NE
You might not be getting enough calories. My doctor wanted to get 1000 calories per day.  Are you getting in at least 60 oz of protein? 
Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

media604
on 6/14/11 6:31 am - GA
Hi,
I'm about to revise this Friday from a 7 year lapband to the vsg. Yoo Hoo! I just wanted to tell you my experience. When my lapband was totally clamped down and I was throwing up a dozen times a day I would go on day on almost nothing, I was down to my last 20 lbs. like you but never got any further. I wouldn't even eat a whole chicken sandwich per day. I was 270 pre surg and down to about 175 with a 150 goal. I am VERY genetically obese, obese as a toddler like fighting genetics can be rough. What I was doing was starving and surviving in between slipping in little bites of chocolate like silver bells, a piece of a hershey's bar, a little ice cream to survive. I'm sure this paid a roll, poor, poor, nutrition. However that being said I have never witnessed the starving your metabolism to death thing and going into starvation mode. If I increased my calories I gained, period, not exception not matter how long I did it.

So this time I'm going to stick to very small protein meals spread  throughout the day and exercise everyday in some way. I'm about to buy a really cool retro cruiser bicycle to enjoy riding.

So my answer to you is, I don't have the answer, but make sure you are not slipping in chocolate or sugar to survive in between or drinking any calories, and maybe consider doing what I'm going to try. I think our muscle mass is shot, plus I'm aging and have just turned 50 making it harder plus being obese since a toddler.

I am so hopeful the vsg is going to be my answer because the lapband has been horrid.

Leigh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views