HELP! Royal Oak Wm Beaumont in MI

Jhb617
on 5/31/11 1:41 am - Livonia, MI
Has anyone used Dr. David Chengelis or Dr. Kevin Krause?  I was scheduled for surgery on 6/10, but my insurance just told me that they will not cover it due to my hospital selection.  So I have to find a new surgeron and new hospital.  Totally devastated.  If anyone as heard of these surgeons, please let me know.

Thank you!
Megdrassil
on 5/31/11 2:23 am - MI
 I don't know about any on your side of the mitten but I've got Dr. Stuart Verseman in Kalamazoo and so far he's been amazing :)  I think it's only a 2 hour drive for u.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 6:35 am
I went to Barix in Ypsilanti and my surgeron was Dr. Nunn. Words cannot express how happy I am with this decision. If you are doubting where to go or who to ask for, I cannot recommend Barix or Dr. Nunn enough.

BTW, I had my VSG on 2/28/11 and I am down 70 lbs, saw Dr. Nunn last week for my 3 week follow up and he could not have been better. Answered all my questions, I did not feel rushed, he listened to me on my concerns and immediately answered them in detail.

Hope this helps. I know it is a good drive to Ypsi but I think you would be happy with it.
Lissa3333
on 5/31/11 11:28 am
JHB - I understand, I had the same thing happen to me. I was all set up to have my surgery done at the Barix clinic and I really liked my Dr. when we submitted for approval I found out my insurance had added a new requirement that the surgery be done at a blue center. I first went to Beaumount and then decided to go with St. John's since it was on the list and I found a dr that seems to have done alot of sleeves. I got my approval letter for surgery in the mail today. I am just waiting for some paperwork to be signed and I am hoping to get a date soon. Don't get too upset. I just figure everything happens for a reason.
carhawk14
on 5/31/11 12:41 pm - MI
Hello,

I had Dr. Krause for my sleeve which was done in January. My insurance covered it 100%. He is a great doctor. I heard they are both great I just picked Dr. Krause. What insurance do you have? The only thing I can think of is maybe they don't accept your insurance. I have blue cross.

Carrie
Jhb617
on 5/31/11 8:21 pm - Livonia, MI
I have Blue Cross also and have to go to a Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, which would be Royal Oak Beaumont.  I am hoping if I contact Dr. Krause, he will let me bypass a lot of the testing again since I just had it all done.  I'm not going to let this stop me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 397 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views