Need motivation!

Lananala
on 5/30/11 9:26 am - CA
Please please please someone say all the things I already know to get me off my butt and go to the gym!

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Elaine2
on 5/30/11 9:31 am - Atlanta, GA

Is there an activity that you love do do? Doesn't even have to be in the gym? A dance class, swimming, bike riding,...whatever.  I think the easiest way to get motivated is to enjoy the event.

Donna G.
on 5/30/11 10:00 am - Olathe, KS
I'm in the same boat. I cannot seem to get myself to the gym. I have a membership in a great gym that is only $10 a month and that even includes a trainer if it want. It is only 2 miles from my house and I pass it on e way home, but can't seem to get myself motivated to get in there.

Someone help me!!!

Donna          

Krazydoglady
on 5/30/11 10:15 am - FL
The more muscle you build, the better your skin will look. Exercise revs up your immune system making you less likely to catch colds/flu.    Going to the gym is an opportunity to put on some headphones and tune out the 'noise' from your daily life.

Hope that helps :) 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Lananala
on 5/30/11 10:25 am - CA
Okay! I am up..got work out clothes on and heading out!

Thanks

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

changeiscomingsoon
on 5/30/11 10:28 am
I use to wear a size 24 pant....NOW  I wear a 14 and I wear SHORTS TOO!!
I have lost 60+ inches in total.
I uset wear 2x/3x shirt....NOW I wear a lg or medium.
I get to be incognito so much more now....people do not even recognize me....hahaha
I actually care about myself in so many more ways....the ways that  girl wants to.
The freedom that this provides just cannot be put into words.
My exercise regimen has made me envision the person I want to be and I am seeing it happen right before my eyes.
GET UP AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET IT....MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
GOOD LUCK...AND A LOT OF HARD WORK!!

loverofcats
on 5/30/11 10:28 am, edited 5/30/11 10:30 am
Building lean muscle mass will help to keep your metabolism elevated so that your body burns calories more efficiently and will help you to keep the weight off.

ALL research shows that for successful weight maintenance, exercise and increased activity are key to being successful in the long term. Find something that you enjoy doing i.e. dancing, biking, hiking, climbing, running, walking, etc.

WLS is truly a journey and to be successful, one must also change his/her lifestyle to a more active one.

Increased activity helps your brain to function better, helps to relieve stress, makes you look better, increases your strength and stamina, helps you to sleep better, and the list goes on and on. There isn't one negative thing about it.

I am more active, because I never, ever want to go back to where I was, when I started this journey.

I started off as a 1X. Now, I am a size 0 or 2. I am a little person, at only 4'11." Last week, I bought a size 14 GIRL'S pair of jeans. Blew my mind.

I just finished a 4+mile walk up and down hills. I wasn't even out of breath. It felt so great to zoom up those hills, without 100 lbs of extra weight holding me down.

You can do it!!!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

sublimate
on 5/31/11 5:15 am - San Jose, CA
I have a whole post on this:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4277582/Exercise-Motivation/

Also I've found that making plans with others to go out and do something active keeps me accountable. When I make a promise to others I don't break it (integrity is very important to me) so I make plans to go for walks with people, go dancing, etc.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 5:24 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
dguenat123
on 5/31/11 5:34 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Just what I needed too. Thanks for the post and the replies.
Live, Love and Laugh!    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views