First Sonogram

MediumSoon
on 5/11/11 8:56 am - TX
 Yep.  You guessed it.  Gallstones...  14 (that we could SEE - probably more).  Jeepers...  Having gall bladder out first week of June.  Hope this surgery is as smooth as the last...

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 9:02 am
Boo!!!!

I am glad they caught this when they did!

Get them things out and get well soon!!!!!!!!!!
heathermc44
on 5/11/11 9:06 am - Bremerton, WA
 That seems like a long time to wait to get it out.  Hopefully you won't have any attacks between now and then.  So sorry to hear you have to go through this.  

MediumSoon
on 5/11/11 9:11 am - TX
Funny thing is - I had NO idea. I agree - hope no attacks before then - but I'm a teacher. With only a few weeks left of school it would be silly to miss time unless it was an absolute emergency. I'm glad they caught it now though - I've met my maximum out of pocket for the year so this surgery will be covered at 100%. Thank goodness!!

cabcab
on 5/11/11 9:18 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
When I started ultrasound school we would practice on each other.  One of the first days I was the "patient" and a fellow student was scanning me and the teacher came over and asked if I'd ever had any gallbladder problems.  "I dunno," was my answer.  She said I had them.  After doing a lot of research I found out that the three times I had been in the emergency room over the two previous years for chest and upper back pain was most likely due to gallstones and not "esophogeal spasms" as they kept telling me it was.  I had it taken out the day after school ended because I didn't want to risk finding a job and having that pain start up again and have to ask for time off to have surgery.  It was an easier recovery than my VSG, of course I was 15 years younger!

You can ask for your gallstones if you want to keep them.  I kept my gallstones for a long time, not sure why.

I hope your surgery goes well.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

MediumSoon
on 5/11/11 9:22 am - TX
 lol.  I don't think I'll be keeping them - and I am expecting a super easy recovery (hope I'm right !)  The biggest downer for me is that I won't be able to work out for two weeks...  :(

SassyItalian
on 5/11/11 10:23 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Just makde sure you stay on top of your fluids- I found sleeping and being a bit gorked from the pain meds led me not to drink and thus..IV

Keep sippin!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

USAF Wife
on 5/11/11 10:57 am
GB was the easiest for me and I had for abdominal lap procedures in 16 months so I can honestly say it was a decent recovery. The only issue I had was my surgeon scoped me to look at my sleeve diameter, and then an exploratory of my upper and lower abdominal cavity to remove adhesions and scar tissue was the previous surgeries and drain placements since I was having some "pulling pain" that was unexplained.

The biggest issue post gb removal was that I had to stop eating all full fat foods. Not junk food, think avocados, full fat cheese, peanut butter, nuts etc etc. Trying to get into maintenance was difficult then to cut those foods from my intake threw a huge kink in my maintenance. Grant it, my GB was full of stones, major inflammation and sludge, and I ignored the symptoms for 2 months because I thought it was because I was adding in more new foods since I was getting into maintenance. I really didn't link the symptoms with GB issues. They were random attacks, and it was always after a new food was introduced into my diet.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

MediumSoon
on 5/11/11 11:44 am - TX
 Thanks for the response.  I sure hope I don't lose avacado out of my diet - it's one of my faves!  Granted, I don't eat it often - but...  

sleeve genie
on 5/11/11 10:59 am - Alhambra, CA
Love your new picture,  you look beautiful!!  can i ask,  did you take the actigall pills for the first 6 months post op,  i know not everyone does,  i did,  just wondering?  so sorry that you are going through this but thank goodness they found out and will take care of it.   Lots of people say the surgery is not that bad   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views