Last Meal

kleineliebe
on 4/28/11 5:01 am - PA
So, I know this might be a little weird, but I'm sitting here thinking about my last meal. By last meal, I mean the last largest meal I will ever be able to eat. Yah, that sounds kinda gross.

I'm scheduled for May 28th. Saturday I start my 4 week pre-op diet. I'm totally psyched and ready for all of this to happen, but I know I'll never be able to eat like this again. Has anyone else done this?
melford273
on 4/28/11 5:07 am - NJ
I did.  I had my hubby take me out for my "last meal".  I really thought I would never be able to eat anything good again.  But I am 6 weeks out and eating anything (with the exception of bread...my sleeve does not like bread).  I even had a few bites of my husbands sundae on Easter.  So don't worry, soon enough you will be eating again and you won't even miss the big portions or the bad stuff...because losing the weight will make you feel so great!!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel

HW 319; SW 295; CW 274.5

Nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel        
TGEORGERN
on 4/28/11 5:24 am - NC
 My husband and I went out for a last "dinner" date the night before I started my preop which was started last Wednesday.  Strangely enough, I ate my meal and enjoyed it, even ordered dessert to take home, but all I could think about was not having my last "real" meal, but that it was another step putting me so much closer to my grand reward!  Still on preop diet( mine is 2 weeks total) and so super excited about my surgery next Wednesday 5/4/11.  Enjoy your meals but remember there is a joy so much greater than the short-term satisfaction food can give.  I am learning this every day.
  Tiffany  George      

R3lle80zbaby
on 4/28/11 2:22 pm - GA
Omg. I know u r super excited!!! My date is the 4th too... Good luck!!!

TGEORGERN
on 4/29/11 1:04 am - NC
 yes I am.  It is like starting over a new life.  I just went yesterday to Walmart and stocked up necessities for the hospital stay.  Who would have thought packing a hospital bag full of trial size goodies would be so exciting.  I cannot wait!!  My preop appointments with surgeon and hospital are both Monday.  This is all really starting to settle into reality. I know exactly how you too must feel at this point.  Good luck and may all your dreams in your "new life" come true.
  Tiffany  George      

R3lle80zbaby
on 4/29/11 1:52 am - GA
 Lol I went to walmart too and purchased a few things. Im going to go to another Walmart closer to my house because i didnt find everything that i was looking for at the time. what types of things did you pick out. I feel like I'm being a little bit extra or maybe its just me trying to over prepare... IDK..

Thanks and smae to you.

TGEORGERN
on 4/29/11 5:02 am - NC
 Me too.  I basically, and this too may sound silly, but I bought all new toiletries.  I figured hey, this is all a new start for me, why not enjoy it and make it even more "special" by having all new things with me.  I got a couple packs a baby wipes for wiping hands, toothbrush, toothpaste, deo, soap, razor, facial cloths, and things of the type.  I got a cute little PJ set and night shirt too with Tinkerbell on them ( I love fairies). Like I said, I too probably went a little crazy, but I feel this is my special time :0)
  Tiffany  George      

msshellwillis
on 4/28/11 5:26 am
Yep, I had a "food funeral." The week before my pre-op liquid diet began was my 5 yr anniversary. So my hubby and I got a cake and went eat Italian. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be because I was already in the "weight loss" mentality. I had to loose 20lbs prior to surgery and did so. I was just afraid to gain any of that back and risk not having my surgery. But I had to do it for me to know how it would feel. Everyone is different and has their own opinion of this topic. Do what is best for long term success.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

viola_120
on 4/28/11 6:02 am - FL
My husband and I had a week of "last meals" before starting my preop diet.  One day just would not do it.  Not everymeal was in a restaurant--just prepared favs and went out a couple of times for things like steak, pizza, and chinese.
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
jmart76
on 4/28/11 6:03 am
 I was on a pre-op diet and had to loose weight before I could have my surgery and before I even started my 2 week liquid diet. I had a last meal of seafood pasta and a glass of wine before I started my liquid diet. Even prisoners on death row get a last meal, right? So I wanted some pasta. It wasn't easy getting through those 2 weeks. It kind of helped remembering that last meal. I'm about 3 weeks post op now and no where near being able to have pasta but that's ok, I have no craving for it anymore. Good luck with your pre-op diet and your surgery. 

Ht 5'6 
Surgery Date: April 6, 2011
Wt at surgery was 232

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views