First yogurt and applesauce 3 days post op question

meemhull
on 4/23/11 8:51 am - St Augustine, FL
Working on my first yogurt, applesauce, and protein drinks. Every time I take a bite I have to wait for a small painful burp to work it's way out. Does that mean I need to take smaller bites? I feel really good today other than I still have the low grade fever. No pain meds. Did 4 different walks. Didn't even need a nap today. I will feel much more confident when the fever goes away, even though doc says it's normal and happens to a lot of people.
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
Jennifer M.
on 4/23/11 9:15 am - Goodyear, AZ
 WOW!!! I am 1.5wks post op and on liquids till week 3 then mushies at least 2 more weeks. If it's out right painful you may want to back down to full liquids a bit longer. 
 ...a work in progress...    
katier825
on 4/23/11 9:38 am
 The first couple of weeks you may need to take very small bites and wait a few minutes between bites.  It should take you at least 15-20 minutes for a few tablespoons of food.  Once you move on to "real" food again, eating too fast will be very apparent.  The food will sit there for what seems like hours!  I've only had it happen a couple of times...it is very uncomfortable.

Drink as much water as you can.  It took me a few months to get to the minimum 64 ounces.  I'm well past that now, so that's a good thing.  Eventually you will be able to take more normal sized drinks too.  Sounds like you're off to a good start!
dwbarnes
on 4/23/11 9:49 am
Does your doc know that your are not on full liquids?  Is that his/her recommendation?
meemhull
on 4/23/11 10:13 am, edited 4/23/11 10:15 am - St Augustine, FL
Yes I am following my docs plan this is phase 2 3-21 days. Clears,2 servings of dairy, yogurt once a day, 2-3 protein shakes to get to 90 grams. 2 servings of pureed fruit 2oz. 100 oz per day liquids. I did all today and started chewable vitamins and got in 62 oz so far counting protein.
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
tanieanie
on 4/23/11 10:46 am - WI

I also tried yogurt today and I'm 4 days out.  I ate with a baby spoon and yes...  It hurt like I had to burp and couldn't.   My Dr. has me on a modified liquid diet very similar to yours.    Then again I'm still having allot of gas pressure pain despite walking.

disabled_nurse
on 4/23/11 1:39 pm - Bogalusa, LA
baby spoon is perfect bite, i am still 7 months out and i still use them, never had any gas or burps coming back up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views