NSV--50 lb bag of dog food

anjelinaj
on 5/9/11 8:54 am
Today I had to stop and pick up a bag of dog food.  50 pounds.  My daughter put it in the car for me, but then I carried it in the house on my shoulder.  It felt so HEAVY...like it was crushing my spine and knees...=(  On one hand, i should be stronger than that, on the other.....that is how much weight I have lost.  I surely was crushing my bones and suffocating my organs.  I am so thankful for this surgery, it truly is starting to feel like a miracle!
tdjf_3
on 5/9/11 9:22 am
It's a great feeling isn't it!! I work in a kitchen and we get our sugar in 50lbs bags the other day i realized the I use to carry 2 more than 2 of those around Thank God for this surgery

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
anjelinaj
on 5/9/11 9:30 am
Wow!  Congratulations on your hard work!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 9:30 am
When you realize just how heavy that flab was, it is amazing that our poor lil' legs could carry us!

I feel sorry for my lungs! Good heavens they had a hard job!
Lisa D.
on 5/9/11 10:22 am - New Orleans, LA
Congrats on the 50 lb loss.  It is cool when you can find something that weighs as much as you have lost and try to tote it around.  Very eye opening!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

cabcab
on 5/9/11 10:27 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
A fifty-pound bag of dog food was what I thought about when I was at my 50 pound mark.  Those things are freaking heavy!!!

I also think of the 5-gallon water cooler bottles.  Those are 40 pounds I think (5 gallons x 8 pounds per gallon?)  I've lost over two of those!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Susan M.
on 5/9/11 11:02 am
Excellent analogy.

HW: 272  SW: 245.5  CW: 234.5  GW: 150    
vsgforme
on 5/9/11 11:31 am - CA
 I'm at around fifty pounds too.  It's amazing how heavy that is, when it's all in a sack like the dog food.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views