Cravings...

spaceystacey
on 12/29/05 11:17 am - Littleton, NC
So, for Christmas my mother-in-law gave me this little Splenda cookbook. I've been looking through it and was wanting something pretty badly. So instead of going to the store so I could bake something that I didn't have the ingredients for, I used what I had in my cabinets. I mixed together SF Cheesecake pudding, a can of NSA pineapple tidbits in juice, a little milk and some reduced fat Cool Whip. It was so good! It tasted like a pineapple upside down cake. So, three small bites later, I am done. It was so sweet that it made me sick to my stomach. Now I don't want to even think about having anything sweet again. Too bad this stuff won't freeze. I will never be able to eat it all before it goes bad! Maybe one day soon I will learn to make smaller batches of things! I keep forgetting that I get tired of the taste of things easily nowadays. Thanks for letting me share. I hope you all are having a good evening! hugs, Stacey
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 11:25 am - Charlottesville, VA
Stacey, so good to see you post. We're surgery sisters! We have the same birthday. I, too, tried sweet things. I made Watergate salad with sugar free everything, but it was so sweet only the kids would eat it. I've pretty much lost my sweet tooth. I don't even use splenda in my tea sometimes. Even sugar free things like pudding are too sweet for my taste now. Amazing, isn't it, how wonderful this tool is? I hope you are well and that you have a happy new year. Hugs, elizabeth 359/249/160
spaceystacey
on 12/29/05 11:39 am - Littleton, NC
Hey Elizabeth! 110 pounds in 4 months, that is FANTASTIC! You go, girl! I'm glad that you finally have the answers you were looking for and I hope you feel better real quick! You are so right. This tool is absolutely wonderful. I am thankful every day that I had this done. It is giving me my life back! I've lost 75 pounds so far and would much rather not have the sweets than ruin my progress. I hope you have continued success, a speedy recovery and an amazing new year! hugs, Stacey
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 12:00 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks, Stacey: I hope you have a happy new year, too. I think 2006 is going to be an amazing year for all of us. We're healthier and can do more, and gosh, isn't if fun to go clothes shopping now? I used to hate to shop, it just made me sweaty and cranky because nothing fit. I resorted to buying clothes from catalogs, because nothing in the stores fit. I love shopping now. Watch out, world...another clothes horse has been born. I'm so glad you're doing well...and congratulations on your weight loss. Hugs, elizabeth
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/29/05 7:31 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Stacey...You are doing wonderful...yesterday I started my pureed stage and I had the most delicious mushed potatoe soup I have ever had in my life. It was so good I thought I had gone to heaven. I have been on clear liquid for almost 3 weeks. Life is good. Have a wonderful New Year. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 891 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2215 views