Home from endoscopy

elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 5:37 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Friends: I just got home from the endoscopy. I don't have a stricture - I have a very large ulcer and a fistula - a hole in my pouch. The doc gave me a new prescription and said the fistula is already healing, so I should be OK in a week or so regarding the pain, although I have to take the medicine twice a day for 6 months. They're going to do another endoscopy in three months to check on my progress, or sooner if the medicine doesn't take care of the problem. They gave me lots of happy sleep drugs, so I'm going to bed. Thanks for all the supportive messages. You all are wonderful. I hit down 110 today, one day before my four month anniversary! Hugs, elizabeth 359/249/160
A10sFrau
on 12/29/05 8:28 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Glad to hear you are already on the mend. Congratulations on your loss! Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/29/05 8:36 am - Danville, VA
Elizabeth, you are doing wonderful. I am so happy for you. Hope you get to feeling better soon. 110 pounds????? What a wow moment that is. And in only 4 months? I hope I do as well. That would be great. Keep us updated. Hugs, Betsy
sylvia
on 12/29/05 9:28 am - Stafford, VA
Elizabeth I'm so glad they found the problem and you are now started on the meds which I'm sure will heal you. Big huge congrats on the weight loss!! That is amazing! What a great job - keep it up!
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 12:05 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks for the encouragement, Lois, Betsy and Sylvia - it sure helps to have friends rooting for you. Betsy, I think about you every day. I hope you are doing well - it sure seems like you are. Lois, your date is coming up, and I am thinking about you, too. Hugs to all three of you elizabeth
TammyNVA
on 12/29/05 12:21 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Elizabeth, I'm so glad you don't have any strictures!! Sorry about the ulcer, but it sounds as though you are on the mend. Congrats on the loss!!!! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 884 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2210 views