One year.....

cappymoon
on 12/27/05 10:35 pm - Northern, VA
Good morning Virginia One year ago today, I had surgery. As I sit here and type this I am in awe of the changes that have happened to me. Some would say that not all are positive. But I think that is only because I now speak my mind and have the ability to say NO. And I am no longer a doormat. Not sure why I thought I should be when I was really heavy, but I have come to the conclusion that it does not need to be that way. I am worth something, and I am letting everyone around me know that!! People don't know how to accept that change in me, but I am sure they will learn how to deal with it. They have no choice, it is what it is. Things I can do now: Walk......walk for miles if I wanted to, and I proved this over the summer walking all over kings dominion. I fell like I could walk forever!! Cross my legs....and now it makes my left hip hurt and my right thigh bone, but I can do it! Fit......Yep, I fit lots of places now that a year ago I couldn't fit, booths, regular bathroom stalls, sitting at the black jack table...hehe...I fit now! Go shopping.....Yeah, I could do that before, but it was pure hell....I would be walking around a store, sweating like a pig, not sure why it was so hot in the store, and hurting from the walking. And now? It was not the stores with their heat up, it was me with my extra insulation. Now that I don't have it, the task of shopping has become fun again, and that is not good for the bank account! Wear smaller clothes......I started this process in a solid size 28, on my way to 30, and my tops were 3X.....Now? My jeans are an 8/10 (Almost a solid size 8) and I can wear M/L shirts (Again, almost a solid M) My clothes look SMALL to me, and I love it! Play....I am able to play now with my kids, and not feel overwhelmed and it is a great feeling!! My son told me last week, that I was going out of town too much. At first this hurt me, and I thought, maybe? But he followed that up with a *I understand why you do it though, you never really had the chance when you were younger to go out and hang out with friends* Ok, he is 15, and that in itself makes me proud!! (I have the chance now to just DANCE ) My life has changed so much in just one year. I feel normal for the first time in a very long time, I have confidence, pride and joy. This is the best thing I have ever done FOR MYSELF. I knew I couldn't live the way I was living for very long, and the health problems that loomed were very serious. I think I have dodged those, and I am living my life to the fullest. If you are contemplating surgery, that is totally up to you, your decision. But if I had it to do all over again, I would. Thanks for all of your support. Without these boards, I dont think I would have done so well!! Love you all! Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/05 10:49 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Dianna, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Very very inspiring. I have been there, in fact of course am still not that far from some of your 'starting' moments!! But I have hope and faith, because of people like you, that in a year I will be able to do all the things you have said that you do!! You're a beautiful woman Dianna, inside and out. And as I've said before, a true inspiration to me. Love donna
cappymoon
on 12/27/05 10:54 pm - Northern, VA
Aww thank you Donna It does get better, just keep plugging along... How are you doing? I hope everything is ok, I havent heard from you in awhile, and I am hopeful with the holidays almost over, that everyone will get back to the boards and supporting one another. Email me and let me know how you are!! Love you, Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 1:16 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Dianna . You are to be commended on an awesome Journey . And being your friend and around you from time to time .. I know for a fact - you live the lifestyle and you work at it hard !!! I love and adore you .. and I am very proud of you .. !!! Yes .. we are both able now to speak our minds and it is a shame that when you are obese - you are made to feel less than human . So you have changed .. it is for the best I know .. and I so love being your friend and your confidant . I want you to continue on your journey knowing and living our lifestyle .. hold your head proud for your accomplishments today and for all days ahead of you . I am still holding on to our next shopping adventure .. LOL Love you .. ! Nat
cappymoon
on 12/28/05 7:31 am - Northern, VA
Awww, thanks Nat....that means so much to me. Some days I feel like a complete failure, and others I feel like a true winner. Today however, I feel like I have worked my tool very well over all. I am happy, and if this is to be the end of my journey, then so be it. I appreciate it that you are now with me on my journey, your information is truly valuable. Love you!! Dianna
Sharon Q.
on 12/28/05 1:21 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Wow, Dianna, I can't believe it's been a whole year!! Amazing how time flies when you're having fun huh? I remember when I was getting ready for surgery and I found you on here. You said...........IT HURT!!! I heard from others how it didn't hurt too much, and for some reason I really only listened to YOU!! Good thing I did, cuz it DID hurt!!! BUT, I'd take 10X that pain to be where I am today. It's amazing the changes in one year. You are the same beautiful person you were b4, just a flower that bloomed!! Thanks for being my special angel!! YOU GO GIRL!!! XOXOXOXOXO Lots of Love, Sharon
cappymoon
on 12/28/05 7:35 am - Northern, VA
Sharon..... It has been a whole year, it sure has!! It is almost time for your anniversary too I spent part of today at the Dr's office visiting Nicole and Dorothy. It was nice to see my surgery sisters on our anniversary, and they are both looking good (Although Nicole is going through something YET again!) Thanks for being my friend, and I will see you at the January conference!! Love you! Dianna
Ms Court
on 12/28/05 5:38 am - Remington, VA
Congrats on all of your success Dianna. Sounds like you have had a wonderful journey. I know that having met you, you are such a beautiful woman and you look great. I figure if people can't handle hearing it straight then they better find somewhere else to get tip toed around. Courtney 3 1/2 weeks out 305/280/155
cappymoon
on 12/28/05 7:37 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Courtney I appreciate the wonderdful words more than you know! I am more outspoken, and I am sure people dont like it (family) but they will get used to it and get over it LOL, or not, you know how familys work... Will you be at the staple club meeting on the 2nd?? Hugs to you! Dianna
Ms Court
on 12/30/05 11:12 am - Remington, VA
Yep I plan to be there. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 891 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2215 views