Update on Besty

Judy B.
on 12/18/05 10:15 am - Marion, VA
HI everyone Me and hubby just got home from visiting with Betsy. She looks really good!!! They finally took the old IV out,,but when they did ..someone on the nursing staff had taped the old one across the new one and when the male nurse went to pull the old one out..the new one came right along with it...A nurse came in and stuck her 3 times to no avail..poor betsy hates being stuck!! I let her grip my hand ( they did turn blue..hehe) ...that lady has a fine grip!!! she was sweating..literally burning up..so i washed her back and the back of her neck in a cold washcloth her husband gave her...and then i brushed her hair and put it up...She is sooooo appreciative of anything. She is looking forward to being able to drink something..but they wont let her have anything until she has a leak test tomorrow morning. They were giving her ice chips but ...the doc discontinued anything by mouth until after the leak test. One thing i need to mention is..the reason they said there wasnt a betsy guill there was because she is listed under ELIZABETH GUILL She may get to go home either tomorrow or tuesday! so if anyone wants to send her an email through the hospital volunteer email program..put in the subject line..ELIZABETH GUILL instead of betsy!
DeniseinVA
on 12/18/05 10:30 am - Midlothian, VA
Judy, Thank you so much for the updates on Betsy. You are a wonderful friend. I know she appreciates you. Hugs Denise
kizie23
on 12/18/05 10:33 am - blacksburg, VA
Judy, Thank you for the update. When I spoke with her you were there. I am so excited to hear that she is doing well. Melissa
DawnVA
on 12/18/05 11:46 am - VA
I am SO glad to hear she came through with flying colors and is feeling good. She is such a sweet lady and is one of the people ya just know truly deserved this life-changing experience. Send her our love and prayers! Dawn
Sporty Jill
on 12/18/05 10:15 pm - Norfolk, VA
GREAT NEWS! Thanks so much for keeping us updated. We all miss her and want the best for her. Please send her our love. Jill 263/218/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 884 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2210 views