I have a surgery date!

TashaBeach
on 7/24/03 12:34 pm - Holladay, UT
Yahoo! I have a surgery date set for August 11, 2003. I'm really excited and a little nervous that it is actually here! I'm excited because I'm feeling rather fat today and can't wait to get the weight off! I look at some of my clothes and think, "This won't fit me soon!" I'd love to hear from other people where they are on their path...
RoxanneF
on 7/26/03 1:40 pm - Baltimore, MD
Tasha: Congrats on getting a surgery date! Way cool! I can't wait til that happens to me. I'm still waiting to hear from Cigna. I'm opting for the open RNY at Rocky Mtn. Associate Physicians here at St. Mark's. I also live in Salt Lake. I first started looking into this type of thing with hearing about the lap band on TV. I never in a million years thought I would have surgery to lose weight but, here I am. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Being 5'3 and weight 288 is desperate for me. My body is really hurting and hard to get around. And that's not good at only 38. For some reason I ended up feeling that open RNY was the way for me to go. Althouth it comes with more risks, I read somewhere that the RNY was a more permament tool and I have struggled with my weight my whole life. It is lifelong struggle for me so I need a lifelone tool. I couldn't find any docs up here in Salt Lake that did the lap bands that's why I started looking at RNY. Now that I've thoroughly researched both, RNY seems best for me. Of course I can't talk to the surgeon until I get insurance approval. That sucks. I don't like that. I've had other abdominal surgeries and would like to talk to him about that. That may play a part in my decision of what type of WLS. But, here I sit, waiting for insurance approval. Waiting drives me crazy. I can't think of anything else but being thinner, healthier and happier like the post-op messages I read.
Most Active