vav626
on 8/16/12 7:00 pm
Hello there! I just came back from a seminar on wieght-loss. I have decided ti get the sleeve and would like to hear from those of you who have had this surgery and how long ago it was. I have 2 weeks vacation the ffirst two weeks in Ocotber. I am hoping that I do not need to take more days off because, m daughter is having  baby and her due date in Nov. 4th!!! She lives in Georgia and I will be there for the birth. Any thoughts on this???  
Karla Lewis
on 8/17/12 5:20 am - Livingston, TX
Welcome to the TX OH message board. I had RNY, not the sleeve, but I know lots of people with sleeves. You should be fine after 2 weeks to go to work unless you have a very physically strenuous job picking up heavy objects. Your surgeon will have to give you the OK to go back to work, so you would have to consult with them.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 8/17/12 6:26 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Welcome to the TMB and OH.   Congrats on  your decision to have the Sleeve.   It is a awesome surgery.    I like Karla had RNY.    You might want to visit the sleeve board and ask some questions there.   I'm not 100% sure how many post here on a regualr basis that have the sleeve.    Are you a self pay or is insurance paying for  your surgery?   If it is insurance depending on their qualifiacations it may not be possible to have your WLS so quickly.    Good luck to you on your journey.    And again welcome to the TMB.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Ginny Y.
on 8/23/12 11:22 am - TX
I had the sleeve the last of March, 2012 and was down less than a week.  I have lost 67 pounds and feel great.  The hardest part was trying to remind myself not to do things or lift things, because I felt so good.  The liquid diet was the worst part of any of it, but everything else was a breeze. Just do what the doctor says with protein and vitamins and walk, walk, walk...you will do so much better by getting up and moving as soon as you can.

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 50 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 435 views