Talked to my nutritionist yesterday

sweetpotato1959
on 11/20/15 5:04 pm

It was in the info the surgon gave me when I had surgery. He said if cravings occurred, this had been documented to stop it in his patients...He taught the surgery, so was not a novice.

It works for me.It costs 5$ a bottle/month, so it is cheap enough to try if this is a problem.

Denise
CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/20/15 5:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I'd like to see the peer reviewed research on this -- because my search has turned up absolutely nothing except anecdotal stories in bodybuilding sites and Cosmo.

I have taken a B complex and a sublingual B-12 since before surgery -- and am in fact slightly too high in my B-12 levels.  I still crave carbs.  This is with eating less than 40 grams per day for more than two years.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 11/20/15 5:43 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I think her brand is Placebo Mega B12.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 11/20/15 7:47 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

This is me too.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sweetpotato1959
on 11/21/15 11:42 am

Audrey... Not B-12,..but B-Complex..I try to get mine from diet.so use  suppliment intermittent.   and,Yes, with my decades old  WLS surgery, we were told to monitor B 12 as well, but difficult to do with no insurance, ..for several years.

Denise
Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/20/15 5:38 pm

No. Most doctors know squat about nutrition. Is he not even aware of how the body works? 

If B complex solved carb cravings, I'd bathe in it.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

hollykim
on 11/21/15 6:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 20, 2015 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, sweetpotato1959 wrote:

The only thing she said that made sense to me, was you need SOME carbohydrates.  CHO's are required to metabolize proteins. 

My advise is  (just what every one elses is, weigh each carefully and you will have a full scope of information to decide how you will overcome this obstacle.)....Choose carefully and incorporate SOME into your diet, Do not eat around your surgery! ...Include the amount into your daily diet..change it up don't eat the same carb every day.

My personal goal is done by ratio...for every 3-4 ounces of meat, I try to eat about an ounce of a carb of some sort

... I eat potatoes, intermittently.. as my carb, but not daily,(max 2x wk..) and in maxiumum 2 oz. per day.. I have used them since it is something I  tolerate well. I did not tolerate much for a long time,and decades later, I have intolerances in both veggies and meats....my max volume is still short of 6 ounces.

.  For those who claim that some carbs do cause cravings, .. is caused by a B-Complex lack..., and is easily overcome with sublingual B-complex. after three days it relieves the cravings should you have them, at some later time.

my B-12 is in good range and I still have cravings. Can you provide a link for this info?

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/21/15 6:21 am

You have to be careful with B complex. Most of them contain too much B6. 

B6 is one of the B vitamins that will acumulateein the body and can get too high. High blood level of B6 is really toxic. And it takes a long time to bring that down. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sweetpotato1959
on 11/20/15 2:03 pm

... and also as long as you are taking  MVI and nutritional suppliments per your Surgeons orders...you should be ok...

sweetpotato1959
on 11/20/15 6:04 pm

The research  on nutritional supports was done from case studies, at University of Tn Memphis...Dr George Cowan.

He told us about it when Mom's surgery was done in May 94. He lost his parents to obesity and made fixing it his life's work. His office was called the Obesity Wellness Center and the hospital it was out of has been torn down. He retired early due to his health.

This was something he passed on to his patients, known as the George's Angels. This same group are the ones responsible for finding the genetic link to obesity in the mid 90's.

B complex sublingual does help me, but it takes three days of 2cc per dose.   You can..  Take it or leave it...you choose. No hard feelings either way. I am 20 years post op and it still works....for Me.  It could work for someone else.

Denise
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 156 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 317 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 269 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 436 views