No longer lurking

Karen518
on 1/23/13 11:27 pm

I felt compelled to give up my lurker status so that I could say thanks to all of you who have been making my WL journey so much better.  Your candid comments, advice and expertise have been invaluable to me.  My surgeon's office is great, but the people on this forum are more honest and less guarded in their comments.  I look forward to being able to support others as I continue my journey.

I am six months out from lap RNY as of yesterday.  While I was a relative light-weight, I am very pleased to report that I am now 9 pounds from a normal BMI (22 lbs. from my Dr's goal for me).  I am free of all my co-morbidities whi*****luded the metabolic combo of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.  Off all meds except for thyroid and OTC allergy meds.  I had no pain issues, and no complications (yet--I know it could still happen), and only vomited 3 times from trying new foods I wasn't ready for yet.  I have more energy than I've had in years, and can say with conviction that I love my RNY!

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/13 11:40 pm
That's awesome news! Congratulations on your accomplishments! Best wishes for your continued success!
SoCaPinkLady
on 1/23/13 11:43 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Congratulations on your weight loss and breaking free of the Lurking Status!!!!

Lori                               

Zeigled
on 1/24/13 1:13 am - Parkton, MD

Excellent WORK!! 

HW 357 SW 341   

Karen518
on 1/24/13 1:17 am

Thank you!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?