PRE-OP SHAKES

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 3:36 am - RI
Hello Everyone!!! 

I am curious about the pre-op 2 week shake diet. Any idea how much it will cost? I get it right from my surgeons office, right? Or do I purchase them somewhere else? 

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

Lammy
on 5/27/11 11:32 am - North Providence, RI
I just got mine from Dr Pohl Thursday. 2 weeks of shakes and a month of vitamins was about 90. Unfortunately I am doing ith diet for 5 weeks... Yummy drinks at least. But HUNGRY

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/11 10:49 am - RI
$90? Thanks for the information...at least I will know what to expect when that time comes. Is it typically 5 weeks? Did you get a surgery date???? I'm so happy for you!!!
Lammy
on 5/29/11 4:57 am - North Providence, RI
Typically Dr Pohl has a 2 week diet pre surgery, but I'm a pretty big dude so he wants me to loose a bit more prior to surgery

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Karebear79
on 6/21/11 10:56 am
My surgeon is Dr. Giovanni. She told me that I could do any protein shakes as long as it had at least 15 grams of protein and 150 calories or less. I got some of the Target brand (Market Pantry) chocolate shakes and they are 140 calories and 25 grams of protein. I tried some from GNC first and did not like it. I snagged some on sale at Target for $15.99 but normal price it's only $17.99 for a 2lb container.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
Dave C.
on 6/21/11 12:15 pm - MA
 Hi,
I'm almost 3 years out from surgery, haven't been on the boards in a long time.  Had a difficult time last year, so I'm trying to get back into the routine.
One thing I can recommend from my experience is to try different shakes before your surgery.  I didn't care for the shakes at the Dr's office and tried slim fast and Atkins.  Liked Atkins the best and felt if I had to tolerate weeks of shakes after a major surgery it should be something at least I could stand.  I checked with both my Doctor and Nutritionist and they said as long as the protein and calories were close to what you get there, they were OK.
So my advise is prior to surgery try a few different protein drinks and if you find one you like check with the doctor and or nutritionist and if it's ok, use that one.  Will make those first few days after surgery much better.

Hope this helps,
Dave

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 5:24 am - RI

thanks to everyone for your input! :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2669 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3371 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team