any news of starlightlu?

sweet_sylvie
on 5/9/13 6:19 am
Hello, do someone has news from starlinghlu?
starlightlu
on 5/9/13 10:44 am - Canada

Hi Sweet sylvie, so nice of you to ask. I just got discharged this evening and I'm back home with my family. Overall, the surgery went super well. I had what they say is a common complication when they had to attach the duodenum to the bowl but everything is good. That's why they kept me a day or 2 longer.

Besides that, I'm still a little sore but very bearable but for me the worst part of the pain was something I didn't expect. My throat kills because of the intubation it seems. That actually bothers me more than the belly.

Anyhow, I'll keep you guys updated and thx again for looking out for me.

sweet_sylvie
on 5/10/13 9:06 pm
I'm so so so happy for you except for you throat
I hope they will keep my a few days because I will have my surgery at Sacre-Coeur hospital and I live in Gatineau and I have 4 kids at home (4-11 years old)

Do you suggest me to bring something at the hospital?

I don't know why I'm asking all these questions because I didn't receive any call yet loll

Anyway congrats and I hope that you will heal fast
starlightlu
on 5/11/13 11:44 am - Canada

Hi Sylvie, in addition to the common things people usual post to bring to hospital, I would say some throat losanges. The surgeon said it was ok for my husband to buy some for me while I was at hospital because they couldn't do anything else for the throat pain. The losanges helped a litlle. P.S. Just so you know, my throat no longer hurts, yay!

sweet_sylvie
on 5/11/13 10:27 pm
Wow...happy to ear that your throat is fine now and I will prepare myself with lozenges.
Thank you verry much.
Most Active