Any news from Damonalisa?

sweet_sylvie
on 2/26/13 11:29 am
Hello, I remember that Damonalisa surgery was suppose to be today!!
Did someone as news??
Thanks
damonalisa
on 3/3/13 11:10 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Hi Sylvie et al!  

Sorry for not logging in earlier.  Yes I had my surgery last Tuesday and was sent home on the Thursday.  I stayed 2 nights at the hospital because my urine was very concentrated and they were thinking of putting in a catheter, but quite frankly I wasn't thirsty/hungry to drink anything and by Wednesday night I was peeing fine so d/c Thursday AM.  

I got to see Dr. Garneau before the surgery... everything went well.  They were able to remove my band and do the sleeve with no complications.  I'm still a bit sore/tender but managing.  My baby girl stayed with family until last night so I can have a few days to recuperate for myself and we are reunited again :).  

My brother told me he already sees a difference lol.  

I will hopefully be at the support group meeting this month.  See you all :)

damonalisa
on 3/3/13 11:11 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

And Sylvie thank you for thinking about me :)

Very sweet of you ... I hope your day comes soon !!

Barbara_journey
on 3/4/13 9:12 pm - Canada

yay! welcome to the bench! Happy to hear all is going well! Keep rockin' your sleeve!! :)

sweet_sylvie
on 3/5/13 3:48 am
Wowww i'm so happy for you!!
It's nice to know thant everything is find.
How was optifast? Is it that bad?
Thank you and I wish that I will get my sleeve in a few months.
How much time before you got the call for the pre-op test with Dr. Garneau?
Thanks
damonalisa
on 3/6/13 10:26 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Hi Sylvie! 

The chocolate optifast was NOT as bad as I thought it would be... sometimes I added a 1/4 banana in there to change the flavor.  The vanilla ones weren't so good but you an add flavor if you want (I know most won't agree, but you gotta do what you gotta do right?),  

My pre-ops were done in November 2012, and I got called in January for my surgery date which was late Feb.  I hope it's soon for you... you'll keep us posted no doubt :)

Most Active