Beneprotein vs other protein powders

Kelley_girl123
on 2/23/13 8:25 pm - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Hey everyone.   

Which protein powders/ shakes do you use or suggest?    I have been looking for Beneprotein and just cannot find it in stores.    Do i need to ask the pharmacist to order it??     

I was hoping to get mysefl all stocked for when my time comes.  :-). 

Thanks for your help guys.   smiley

justpete
on 2/24/13 10:32 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I ordered 2 containers of Unjury (choc slender and chicken soup) and a sample pack with thermo and bottle.  I havent tried yet, but was easy to order over internet on their site - shipping was a bit steep at 18$ but it came to the door very fast.  From what i've read on the forums, these 2 are among the favorites.

Kelley_girl123
on 2/24/13 9:37 pm - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Thanks for the info. :-)  I was actually thinking of ordering Unjury but I keep going back tot he Bariatric Guide from Rockland and it has Beneprotein mentioned all over the place.     Thing that gets me is that  Beneprotein only  has 6 grams of protein per serving so I would be scooping and scooping all day long.   LOL.    

Sometimes I think I confuse myself even more with all of the reading and researching I do.      Trying to find out what is best & simplify my life a bit!!    

Have a goodo one!!

Barbara_journey
on 2/25/13 1:25 am - Canada

Personally, I don't recommend Beneprotein, it's gross and for the 6 grams of protein it gives you, it's doesn't seem worth it.. I put it in cream soup and shredded cheese and it wasn't bad, but in other things.. not so good.. and yes, you have to ask the pharmacist for it.. it's made by the same company as optifast... so maybe they just push that product... just sayin'...

The first week or two meeting your protein goals is next to impossible.. make sure you have a good shake on hand, you should be fine.

Kelley_girl123
on 2/25/13 1:39 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Yeah,  I have a feeling they are pushing the Beneprotein a little bit too much.     I think I may go towards the Unjury as it apparently has a better taste and has 20 grams of protein per serving .   The unjury chicken soup also sounds interesting as you can add it to mashed potatoes and so forth to add a bit of flavor & you are getting protein in different ways.  :-)  

This weekend, I FINALLY told my mother about the surgery.     I held it in for over two years but I decided that it was time.    I had been holding off because she stresses a lot about me and I didn't want her to have that hanging over her head as well BUT I was completely wrong.  She is very supportive and she is glad that I have taken steps in becoming healthy again.  I will need to educate her a little bit about it and she was quite , I guess you can say PROUD, that I knew so much about it and so forth.    Told her,  Am ready!!!      Hey,  maybe now I'll get my call as all my ducks are in a row!!!    :-)  :-)  :-)  

Only one I am concerned about is my son.(he is 11)    It has been me and him since he was a baby and he knows that I am waiting for surgery and that I'll be in a hospital and home recovering for a while but I just don't want to see that little face upset or see me in pain and so forth...   I want to assure him that Mommy will be fine.       :-)            

Okay,  am sitting by the phone now.     HOSPITAL  CALL MEEEEEEEEEE       

Yep, I am losing my mind!!    lol     

MissCurves
on 2/26/13 2:01 am, edited 2/26/13 11:15 am
RNY on 03/26/13

@Kelley_girl123 I asked the dietitian about Unjury and that I was interested in trying it.. she had samples for me.. Haven't tried them yet though. I heard the beneprotien is jelly like when mixed with certain things..

Maybe this will help.. I googled beneprotein reviews and this is what I found.. Hope it helps!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/a,proddetail/pro d_id,2462/

justpete
on 3/28/13 7:40 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I looked at the nutrition numbers for beneprotein vs unjury unflavored.

beneprotein is 6g protein per 7g serveing  which is 20.6 g protein per 24g

unjury is 21g protein per 24g serverng

so based on weight, it's very similar in nutritional value.  it must be really fluffy or course to explain the difference in serving sizes. beneprotein is also unsweetened

I guess since beneprotein is covered by prescription/medicare/drug plan, it's not bad to have to add to things (jello, soups, etc).  but for shakes, i'm going to stick with unjury!  it really tastes good.

Most Active