I hate how fickle my band is being

CaroleK
on 12/28/07 3:14 am - AL
I am able to eat too much and some things that I "shouldn't" be able to eat. I ate steak the other night. NY strip cooked nice and rare. Went down like a dream. Today I'm eating some crock pot cooked veggies, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, onion and potatoes. They are cooked so soft you can mash them with a fork. This could be baby food. I've chewed the crap out of it. It was mush when I swallowed. And it is stuck. I'm getting the foamy/slime thing going on and it hurts. I'd say, "OH. I'm too tight." But I haven't had a fill since May and I've been able to eat larger quantities than I should have. And it isn't always like this. Other days I can eat anything in any quantity. WHY? I'm starting to worry that this Band may not be the ideal thing for me. I never know what I'll be able to eat. I can't even say, "Oh. Potatoes give me fits," because they don't always. Sometimes they do. Other times they don't. Sweet potatoes are usually no problem. Sometimes chicken is a problem. Other times it is fine. But I'm going nuts trying to figure out if I'll be able to eat or not. Then I sometimes have first bite problems. Oh yeah and the doc in Nashville that I saw once ... I can't stand him and going back to see him makes me cringe. But the doc I trust is nearly 11 hours away. I'm frustrated.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 3:52 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Carole, I'm sorry that you're struggling. But, I understand. I can definitely say the same things regarding restriction. I've never had trouble with steak (I just slice it very thinly), but sometimes struggle with foods with a mushie consistency. And, yep, sometimes a particular food is fine, the next time not-so-good. So, I really don't rule out anything as long as it's healthy. When I get stuck, it just makes me slow way down with my eating, and sometimes I have to stop eating. Usually, I've eaten enough anyway. I can't remember exactly where you're located, but did you ever check with the Bham docs? Tami
Sharon T.
on 12/28/07 11:29 pm - Southern , WI
Carole, I'm 4 yrs out and still learning about my band, so I'm not surprised! That is a LONG way to go to see your doctor! Hope you get it figured out soon, hon!~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3796 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views