I'm Done

Dennis Belk
on 5/18/11 2:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
At last night's Barix post-op support group l made an announcement.  June 15th will be my last meeting as a Barix support group leader. I've been leaning towards this for some time and hinting amongst the leader group about reduced time/sharing of time/co-leadering, etc. I finalized my decision Tuesday night.

I first took on the responsibility of the post-op meeting in June of 2007, taking over for Shauna Dhoble and Dave Allen. Two of my dear friends who's lives' where changing for the better and could not commit to leadership roles at that time. In November of 2008 we started the 1st Saturday meetings at Barix. Shauna was able to return and took on the role of leader of the leaders. She continued until her illness compromised her health and mobility. I took the lead with the help of many who serve as your Barix, Langhorne support group leaders. After 4 years of quite a bit of support group work it is clearly time for me to pass this along to others. So after June 15th, I will no longer be a leader for the Barix 1st Saturdays or 3rd Wednesdays.

Of course I remain a patient and I will attend support groups in the future but only after an undetermined break. Thanks to our 1st Saturday success we have more than enough candidates to carry this on and continue with the support excellence that you've come to know.   I want to thank all of the current leaders as well as former leaders for their dedication and passion throughout the years for what we do, and who we are.

I also want to thank this community of friends and family and patients for your willingness to share, learn, open your hearts, and inspire so many.

Much of what I've become started here on this board in January of 2005. I started as a pre-op patient, became a post-op patient but of course remain a patient, always. That will not change. 

I'll be around, here and... around.

Love you all,

Dennis

Liz R.
on 5/18/11 8:37 pm - Easton, PA
Good for you! I am glad that you were able to make the best decision for you :)

Hope we get to see you soon - miss you!
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 2:14 am, edited 5/19/11 2:14 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Liz. It was time.
Hope to see you and the family soon.

Dennis

dit657
on 5/18/11 10:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Even though I didn't make it to many meetings I know how instrumental you were in helping so many people along their journey, and you will be greatly missed. But I respect your decision and wish you all the best.

Thank you for being such an important part of my personal journey, and I look forward to seeing your smiling face on these boards often!

Wishing you all the best - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 2:19 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Kathy. I'm just glad I was there when you came. LOL.
And remember that last PA Pilgrimage! WOW!

I'll be around.

Cherish F.
on 5/18/11 11:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Dennis -
I want to take a moment to personally thank you for your leadership and amazing support.
You have made the last year of meetings an absolute pleasure!I wish you only the best.
Mwah!
Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 2:23 am, edited 5/19/11 2:23 am - Philadelphia, PA

You're very welcome Cherish and congrats again on your 1 year surgiversary.
So cool that you brought Momma Karen with you last night. (Along with Cyd of course, and who knew that her cousin would be there. Amazing things happen in our group, don't they?) 

It was another good meeting.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 11:33 pm
I was very proud of you last night and well always. You abilty to show compassion to everyone even those who do not deserve it leaave me in awe of your kindness and caring soul.
 I love you.....
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 2:31 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Babe.
Just being Den.

Love you

bvohl
on 5/18/11 11:45 pm
Dennis,

Thank you so much for all of your dedication to our support community! You have no idea how much you have inspired and helped so many people during your tenure!! I am definitely one of those people who has been lucky enough to benefit from all that you do!! The support group will not be the same, but I totally understand that you have had enough. I only wish you much health, happiness and success in your future endeavors!!

Don't be a stranger, OK??

Love and many thanks!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA