Recent Info on Cigna/Intel Coverage??

Syreece M.
on 9/4/03 9:53 am - Portland, OR
Hello out there - I am wondering if any of you covered by Cigna/Intel have run into recent insurance denials for your surgery based on their requesting a medically supervised diet within the past two years? Anyone have suggestions for this? Did you challenge that and win or dive into a new diet with your doctor while waiting for your consult appt with your surgeon? Please let me know - as I look at the messageboard and insurance posts here I see old info from 2000 up to 2002 for Cigna/Intel and nothing really recent. Thanks in advance - Syreece
Mary P.
on 9/4/03 11:35 am - Battle Ground, WA
Hi Syreece! I'm sorry not to have helpful info for you... but wanted you to know that I too am with Cigna, just not Intel. I too have been denied coverage due to the supervised diet issue (just posted my question this morning). My denial says the criteria is two 6-month programs, one within the last year! Uggh! But I'm having a major issue with the whole "criteria" deal anyway... I can't get it in writing, and have no idea if it's in stone. So, I'm hoping for the same info... will keep a check on your message responses too.... God Bless and here's to hope! Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics