How long will it take to get a date on Kaiser ins?

agapemom
on 7/5/03 4:08 pm - Brownsville, OR
I have an appt scheduled mid July with a social worker and a dietician. Does anyone having experience with Kaiser know what the next hurdle will be or about how long after these appt will it be before I get a surgery date? Thanks for any info. Laurie Reeves, Beaverton
Donna C.
on 7/9/03 8:37 am - Beaverton, OR
I met with them on May 15th. Then they scheduled a group meeting with them and 2 other patients on June 17th. At that meeting they decided to either send us on to the committee, which decides if you are ready to go to the surgeon, or if you need to meet back with them again, or if you are on a "weigh****ch". I am on the weight loss...when I called Mary Lou she said that they like people to lose 10% of their weight, before the committee refers them to the surgeon. She said that I should get weighed at Kaiser (and I can just go into the Beaverton office whenever I want), periodically. When I lose 20 pounds, I should call her, and she will submit my name to the committee which meets the last week of every month. After you get sent to the committee, then you go for pre ops and have an appointment with the surgeon. MaryLou can be more specific with you, she always returns my calls quickly. Good luck in your journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics