My protein drink recipe

kaper
on 3/3/11 8:57 am
I buy 100% whey protein powder from Costco. I like the chocolate the best. It comes in a big bag (6 lbs). It has 27 grams of protein. I mix it with non fat milk, about a Tablespoon of Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa, pure vanilla flavoring and NuNaturals brand of powder stevia. I do this because protein drinks make me gag. This is good without all the extras but I am very picky. I freeze it and then feel like I'm having a treat or ice cream. My next step will be to put it in my portable ice cream maker. It stays in my freezer and makes ice cream in no time. Maybe it will be smoother if I make it with the ice cream maker. I haven't put my protein drink in it yet, that will be tonight. I used to be an ice cream connoisseur but no more! The NuNaturals brand of stevia is the best I have used. You can buy it at Fred Meyers in the health food section. I get my meds from Medco and order the stevia from them, it's cheaper.     
Chelea Holdt
on 3/7/11 5:17 am - Portland, OR
Great idea and I just might have to try the ice cream maker thing also.  Was and still am into my ice cream.  Thank you for sharing :o)
kaper
on 3/17/11 10:53 am, edited 3/17/11 10:53 am
I did make my protein drink in the portable ice cream maker. It was smoothe and wonderful. I made a double batch so I left the rest of it in the ice cream maker thinking that I'll just eat it tomorrow. The next day it was as hard as concrete and the paddles were stuck. If I had had a jackhammer-it wouldn't have made a dent in it. So....if you make more than one serving, put the rest in a container. You can leave it out for a few minutes to soften before you start bending spoons. 
Most Active
Recent Topics