3 months post op

1HealthyMomma
on 1/6/15 11:05 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

It's been 3 months and I feel like a new person. Had some bad days but it is all worth it. Everyday I'm grateful for this tool I have received and for my chance at a new life. My pouch has some "angry days" and I'm still trying to figure her out but yes this was the best choice I have ever made. I was wondering if the brain fog goes away? I was really struggling just before Christmas actually when to the doctor to see what they thought and I was due fore my B12 shot. I got my shot and did feel a bit better but my brain is still not 100%. Is this normal and common and if it goes away when? Thanks for any input. My highest weight was 264 my surgery weigh was 228 and this morning I weigh 180.4. I really can't believe it. Thanks everyone here for your continued support even though I don't post daily I never go a day without coming on a reading.

Take Care

Lisa

will post pics to profile

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Catw
on 1/6/15 11:34 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Have you had any blood work lately?  If you are drinking all your water (and even if you are not) get your iron levels checked.  It can put you in a fog.

Congrats on the Weight Loss!

Cathy

Northernlightsmom
on 1/6/15 11:38 pm - Canada

First of all, congrats on your success so far. You are doing great. I am only 11 months out but I still suffer from that brain fog some days. I would trade it any day though for the self inflicted  "brain fog" I used to get from excessive carb overdose lol. I am glad the B12 shot seems to help for you though and as I too am new to this, hopefully some of the vets will know what might be causing this and how to help it.

Congrats again on all you success so far!

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

jaxie77
on 1/6/15 11:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Congratulations dear !! I'm so happy for you ! That's a great weight loss in that time frame ( or any time frame for that matter !) ......And I'm glad you are feeling good . I'm only 3 weeks out but I hear you about the brain fog . I was just chatting with Seyenna and said the same thing . I couldn't imagine going back to work yet ,physically but also mentally. I'm just not functioning top notch yet as far as concentration  and ability to think outside the box goes . I'm too focused on this surgery and how I feel , what I'm eating ( or not eating ) and I'm so glad I took the 6 weeks . I know it all takes time though , and now that the schools are back I'm really gonna rest properly . 

Keep up the amazing work doll , you're doing so great ! It truly is an amazing tool and an awesome journey  even this early out I'm so happy I did this . 

Hugs x 

Jax xx

1HealthyMomma
on 1/7/15 2:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Thanks for all kind words. I had my 3 month next week so I will get my blood done then. I didn't start having brain fog until about 3 weeks ago. I was hoping it is just a vitamin so I can up a dose or start taking something to help. I had some one ask me if I was doing drugs...lol. They were just concerned and they didn't know about my surgery so the rapid weigh loss combined with the brain loss = drug use to her.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

CLP_Guelph
on 1/7/15 2:16 am - Canada

I haven't had the surgery yet but I am low in Iron and Vitamin D and I get the brain fog when I stop taking them, also have more hair loss.  Or if I drink to much water that flushes out my system too much. Make sure you are taking your supplements as it is very important for you body. :-)  Best wishes and congrats on the weight loss

Mary A.
on 1/7/15 4:59 am

continued success and enjoy your new life

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Laurie C.
on 1/7/15 6:34 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi Lisa:

I had brain fog issues and it ended up that I needed a few more carbs, maybe call your nut and see what they think

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

beme_atlast
on 1/7/15 7:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Congratulations my friend.  You've done well and you're looking awesome.  

Don't have the answers about your brain fog but remember that we cannot exist on zero carbs.   Hopefully your blood work will solve the mystery. 

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics