From London Guelph or Toronto?

Susan40
on 12/15/14 10:35 am - Canada

Hi everyone,

Can I ask your thoughts, opinions, and Dr recommendation? For either Geulph or Toronto. I've been assessed in Windsor. 

Jenn K.
on 12/15/14 11:58 am - Canada

I'm from london as well. I've chosen guelph as my surgery location. I figure it's easier to get to and from my research both toronto and guelph are well respected centres. 

I go meet my surgeon January 2nd, I can't complain about the wait times! 

Northernlightsmom
on 12/15/14 9:35 pm - Canada

Hi 

I went through Windsor and ultimately chose Toronto Western. That choice was a result of hearing that there was a considerably longer process going through Guelph. That being said that was during the winter season almost a year ago. TWH was quick and within two months, I had seen the surgeon and had my surgery. Compared to the long journey until that point through Windsor it was a blink in time. I have heard positive things about all the surgeons both at TWH and Guelph so I think it often comes down to whether you mind driving the extra distance to quicken the process. Good luck regardless of where you go! It is going to be life changing! 

Sincerely, Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

LeslieT
on 12/15/14 11:41 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I'm going through Windsor as well. My original plan was to get surgery in Guelph but I have just been told that they are currently booking for April. I switched to Toronto so hopefully I will get in sooner.

Northernlightsmom
on 12/16/14 12:08 am - Canada

Have you completed your OP Ed class yet?

LeslieT
on 12/16/14 12:18 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I have that this week.

Northernlightsmom
on 12/16/14 1:41 am - Canada

Once Toronto receives your file....everything seems to go really fast from this point. Last year, Toronto called me on December 23rd to book my appointment for January to meet the surgeon. One month later and I was a post op. Best wishes for you!!!

LeslieT
on 12/16/14 1:43 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

Thanks for the encouragement. I was starting to get a bit frustrated with the process.

Northernlightsmom
on 12/16/14 1:45 am - Canada

I know, it is so hard to watch how fast everything is in Toronto. You are almost there. Goodluck.

Susan40
on 12/16/14 4:27 am - Canada

Once you pick Guelph or Toronto and they get your file.  How many more appointment prior  are there at the surgical site? 

Most Active
Recent Topics