getting lost in the mix

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 10:46 pm - Canada

Ok so I have been through the whole pre-op stage and was at the point of booking a surgery date with Dr. Klien through HRRH.  he however is so booked up they couldn't give me a date (their system won't allow them to book past March which is where they are at now). so she gave me 2 options, # stick it out with Dr. Klien, they will call me in a while with a date or #2 they have been transferring over "surgery ready" patients to TWH to fill in dates through the end of this year. 

While I liked Dr. Klien very much, for me with work and recovery, it would be significantly easier to have the surgery before the end of the year, it would make a huge difference.  So I chose this option.  I was told that I was likely going to get a call that day from the manager over at TWH, now almost 2 weeks later (and time running out for optifast start for a 2014 surgery) I have yet to hear anything,

I contacted Debbie, the woman in Dr. Klien's office and was told they should have reached out to me by now, I called TWH and they say they have no record of my information or any transfer of my file, I kind of feel in limbo and its driving me nuts, I hate calling because it seems like such a burden to the office people answering the phone and they are so annoyed with another person not waiting patiently.  TWH didn't even seem to believe me that I was told by Debbie that TWH was supposed to get back to me quickly. 

I'm frustrated and needed to vent, I don't even know where my file is right now

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 10:46 pm - Canada

Ok so I have been through the whole pre-op stage and was at the point of booking a surgery date with Dr. Klien through HRRH.  he however is so booked up they couldn't give me a date (their system won't allow them to book past March which is where they are at now). so she gave me 2 options, # stick it out with Dr. Klien, they will call me in a while with a date or #2 they have been transferring over "surgery ready" patients to TWH to fill in dates through the end of this year. 

While I liked Dr. Klien very much, for me with work and recovery, it would be significantly easier to have the surgery before the end of the year, it would make a huge difference.  So I chose this option.  I was told that I was likely going to get a call that day from the manager over at TWH, now almost 2 weeks later (and time running out for optifast start for a 2014 surgery) I have yet to hear anything,

I contacted Debbie, the woman in Dr. Klien's office and was told they should have reached out to me by now, I called TWH and they say they have no record of my information or any transfer of my file, I kind of feel in limbo and its driving me nuts, I hate calling because it seems like such a burden to the office people answering the phone and they are so annoyed with another person not waiting patiently.  TWH didn't even seem to believe me that I was told by Debbie that TWH was supposed to get back to me quickly. 

I'm frustrated and needed to vent, I don't even know where my file is right now

jennyboo202
on 11/5/14 11:33 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/14/15

I just inboxed you some info!

Ref. Apr 30/14, Orientation HRRH Aug 25/14, Transfer to TWH Oct 21/14, Sleep Study Nov 20/14, SW Nov 28/14, Nut. Class Dec 8/14, NP Dec 15/14, Psych. Jan 13/15, Nut. Jan 15/15, CPAP Titra Jan 16/15, NP F/U Jan 19/15, NP F/U2 Feb 24/15, NP F/U3 Mar 24/15, Surgeon May 29/15, Opti July 25/15, Pre-Op July 30/15, Surgery Aug 14/15

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 11:45 pm - Canada

much appreciated

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 11:45 pm - Canada

much appreciated

RYMEBE73
on 11/5/14 11:49 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

off topic here, not sure if you are aware, but you keep double posting?  advice - be a little more patient, try not to double click on the reply/post button??

In regards to your actual post - crossing fingers for you that you'll get this sorted out soon! ((HUGS))

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 11:59 pm - Canada

Ya I noticed the double post and its also adding to my frustration. not sure what I am doing, I tried looking at the settings and I haven't been click happy on the reply button, not sure what to do about that.

Ipatton
on 11/5/14 11:59 pm - Canada

Ya I noticed the double post and its also adding to my frustration. not sure what I am doing, I tried looking at the settings and I haven't been click happy on the reply button, not sure what to do about that.

Karen M.
on 11/6/14 12:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Click on Report Problem at the very bottom right of the OH page and let them know you are having tech difficulties, they are quick to respond and help.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Seyenna
on 11/6/14 1:23 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Jaxie and I have suffered through the same things. Them losing our files, transferring only part of it over, etc. Inbox me, I'll give you the numbers of the right people to annoy! We both had to call *every day* for about 2 weeks before finally getting our telehealth video appointment and we've both been given surgery dates for December.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics