First Session with Personal Trainer

msmuggins
on 10/22/14 10:12 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I had such a great day today!  I met with my personal trainer for our first session.  I had a great first impression and she seems very enthusiastic about working together as a team to help me meet my goals and take full advantage of that wonderful 18 month period of accelerated weight loss that the procedure gives us.  She has worked in the past with clients who have had health concerns or rehab requirements and was very positive about my decision to have WLS.  We will start on a program before surgery (I have two months left to go) and then we will continue to work together post-op after I'm cleared to exercise again.  This honestly feels like one of the best things I've ever done for myself.  Life is good and I'm counting down the days until surgery in January!  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Charms112
on 10/22/14 2:19 pm - Canada

That is great news.  She sounds like a great match.  Starting before is going to make recovery much smoother!  Wishing you all the best on your journey

Referral sent: April 17th 2014.  HRRH gave me my Orientation date:  June 19th 2014. Orientation: July 10th 2014. Received my first surgeon's appointment: August 25th 2014.  Surgeon's appointment scheduled: September 12th 2014. Dietitian and Social Worker and Dr. Glazer: October 6th 2014.  Nurse: October 7th 2014. Surgeon appointment October 22, 2014.  Surgery scheduled: December 19, 2014

msmuggins
on 10/22/14 9:28 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Charms!  I'm hoping this will be the case!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/14 4:05 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Awesome! I want to start doing yoga, in a few weeks when I am healed and cleared! I think its a good idea to start prior to surgery. create the habit!

msmuggins
on 10/22/14 9:35 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Jen, great to hear from you - I'm so glad that you are on the mend!  Great point re: creating the habit.  So much of this whole journey is about changing bad habits and creating good ones.  I figure if I'm going to go through this surgery, I want to do everything I can to make sure I succeed in my goals and more importantly develop the habits to ensure that my scale never moves back in this direction!  Good plan re: yoga, I'd eventually like to try that too -  heck, I'm looking forward to trying every kind of exercise imaginable once I'm physically able to do so, including running!   

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Most Active
Recent Topics