8wks 3 days

DeeMishka
on 10/11/14 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

well I am very happy and pleased that the surgery is treating me well. I am feeling thankful that I was blessed. I started out at 283lbs and as of this morning I am weighting in at 230.1lbs. I must say the best thing I ever did was get rid of the scale it seems like since I stopped worrying about the scale the weight has just been coming off at a steady pace. I feel much healthier however it has limited my type of work. I took on a factory job and in the end it didn't work out because I was shaking and feeling like I was going to collapse when I spoke to my surgeon he stated it's because of how little calories I take in vs how many im burning while working 8hrs a day with constant physical activity. So I am now looking for an office job. Also my hair has started to fall out usually everyday in the shower I feel my hair running down my legs but aside from those minor things this has been amazing.

Sassy75
on 10/11/14 2:11 pm - North York, Canada

Hey!! Congratulations on al your success!! On a side note, my hair started fallin out already too!!! I thought that wouldn't happen until 3 months?!? 

Karen M.
on 10/11/14 10:15 pm, edited 10/11/14 10:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Congrats on your success thus far - you're doing great!

With respect to work: you will not always feel as you do. I get it if you're not feeling able to do such an active job right now, but there is no reason your health would limit you in the future. I have several WLS friends who have very active work positions and have no issues at all with it.

With respect to the hair: yep, it's gonna happen. It's called Telogen Effluvium (link to info below). You just have to wait it out and know that it WILL stop. I lost about 60% of my hair after WLS (and again last year after another major surgery) (according to my hair dresser) and it's all grown back in.

K.

http://www.aocd.org/?page=TelogenEffluviumHa

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics