2nd day of Optifast...

dentedsmile
on 10/7/14 4:12 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 10/28/14

So i'm on day 2 of the Optifast now....and one thing I gotta say......HOLY CRAP I AM SO TIRED!!

I knew being on a significantly low cal diet that I'd be tired ....but I thought I could still do 16hrs at least that way i can do the Opti in 4hr intervals....I may have to shrink it down to 3hrs now though with the level of exhaustion thats setting in.

Also damned if the first meal I had to feed my mom was a UBER delicious smelling lightly breaded baked chicken with green beans and alfredo sauce......I wanted to kill my stepdad for cooking it because it stank up the WHOLE house!! Made my tummy grumble something fierce. BUT I went for a walk after feeding her sucked in the fresh air and kept repeating "This too shall pass, This is the journey" lol.

Anyone feel like sharing their Optifast experience with regards to level of exhaustion, dealing with fabulous aromatic foods, etc.?

Referral sent- July 2013 Orientation TWH- July 2, 2014 Social Worker- July 17, 2014 Nurse Practitioner-July 25, 2014 Psychologist - July 28, 2014 Nutrition Class- July 29, 2014  Dietician - July 30, 2014 Nurse Prac. Follow-up (Stress Test) - August 7, 2014 Meet Surgeon (Dr. Ori Rotstein)- September 26, 2014 Pre-op Testing - October 20, 2014 Surgery Date -OCTOBER 28, 2014  

Karen M.
on 10/8/14 5:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think your idea of decreasing the intervals between shakes could be a good idea. Worth a try anyway. Taking a walk and the self-talk that you did? Awesome. Hang in there.

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 9:26 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I HATED opti yesterday, and today I CRAVED IT??!!!! WTF! Sipping it now, and think I even heard myself say 'Mmmm' after first gulp.

Most Active
Recent Topics