Fat Free Greek Yogurt

DeeMishka
on 8/6/14 3:53 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Hi guys wondering if anyone ate Vanilla Fat Free Greek Yogurt during their liquid stage oppose to plain fat free yogurt? I cannot stand yogurt and vanilla Greek yogurt is the only yogurt I can handle I don't even like the ones with fruit or anything. And my centre has said that Greek yogurt should be plain I get there is a bit of a difference calorie and sugar wise with the vanilla and plain but they are both still within the range I was given.

Catw
on 8/6/14 4:55 am - Arnprior, Canada

The biggest concern with flavored yogurts is the sugar content.  Have you tried plain with SF syrops or adding your own vanilla to it?  It took me a bit to get used to greek yogurt (the texture difference).  At one point I added savory things to it, and made it like a dip.  That helped me to get used to it.  Worked kinda like sour cream.  I still don't like plane yogurt, and actually, only like a couple brands of greek yogurt.  I don't eat much yogurt as I can get very milk sensitive.

Cathy

DeeMishka
on 8/6/14 5:07 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Ya I only like two brands of Greek Yogurt the Oikos and Our Finest but I only like the Vanilla Fat Free Greek Yogurt. The sugar content in this is 5g-6g per 1/2 cup which I won't be eating for a long time if ever so I figured if I'm only getting in like 1/4 cup of yogurt a day it's probably what 2.5-3g of sugar. It's the plain Greek yogurt I can't stand and I don't eat normal yogurt at all it makes me sick so whatever yogurt I eat will be Greek yogurt for sure.

i added vanilla extract to my plain Greek yogurt and I still found it tasted weird it had like a zing to it and I added some strawberries thinking the sweetness from them would help but nope I ended up eating the strawberries and throwing out the yogurt.

i guess I will have to work on getting use to the taste on plain Greek yogurt they say after surgery your taste buds change so hopefully after surgery I will enjoy plain Greek yogurt.

Catw
on 8/6/14 5:23 am - Arnprior, Canada

If you are like me, you'll find things really sweet post surgery.  I drank a lot of crystal light pre surgery, and when I tried it post surgery, I had to double the water.  So you may find that the vanilla is sweeter than you remember it.  Plain is the best, but if you can only go for vanilla, it doesn't sound like it has too much sugar, just take it slow in case you react to it.

Cathy

Patm
on 8/6/14 6:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I do not think this is too much sugar. Check with your centre. I actually like the liberte fat free plain yogurt but it is not to everyones taste

NorthernFireWoman
on 8/6/14 5:43 am

Yes, I'm worried about the sugar too in the vanilla.  I ended up buying the Liberte fat free plain greek yogurt.  I mixed it with some protein powder (Unjury Chocolate Splendor) and it tasted great!  Between the yogurt and the protein powder you get a big boost for your daily protein count.  The IsoFemme protein powder in strawberry is quite nice too.

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/14 6:09 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Source makes no sugar added greek yogurts and they do have a vanilla one.   It's 50 calories for one of the little yogurt cups regardless of flavour you buy and most are about 3 grams of sugar per little container.  You won't find better stats than those.  

Karen M.
on 8/6/14 6:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

I just bought that one today actually - vanilla and lemon, 50 cal per serving. I have a problem with Oikos (in that I hate it and its' grainy yuckiness lol) so I'm hoping this one will taste appealing!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/14 6:13 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It's very smooth.  I love the lemon one.  The key lime one is good too.  Cherry is still my fav one of those though.

Karen M.
on 8/6/14 6:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

They're on sale this week at Food Basics. No cherry or key lime though, I'll keep my eye out for those.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics