Optifast and Focusing

DeeMishka
on 7/23/14 7:40 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Hello wondering if anyone on Optifast had a hard time focusing? I am starting my optifast Friday morning and I am writing my final University exams on Monday and Wednesday and I'm a bit nervous that I won't be able to focus and study properly.

Also wondering if anyone has some fabulous optifast recipes for Vanilla and Chocolate as I have two boxes of each.

jillyp
on 7/23/14 7:54 am

Yup - went the the store the other day with a list of about 5 things and it took me about four trips around the whole store before I had everything.  Crazy.  I've really found I can't hold onto anything right now.  Will be glad to see the end of these shakes!  Good luck!

Catw
on 7/23/14 7:55 am - Arnprior, Canada

I don't remember having a hard time focusing when on Opti.  As long as you are following the instructions, you should be fine.

As for recipes, there's an Ontario Recipe Forum (http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/) that has a thread on surviving Opti.  It will have recipes on it.

Good luck on your Exams!

Cathy

KerryF.
on 7/23/14 8:29 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I thought I was more alert and had more mental energy while on Optifast.  It could have been the adrenaline of the excitement for the surgery too

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

dawn4511
on 7/23/14 9:39 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I'm like Kerry I felt more alert and less tired after the first 3 days.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

4-Jane
on 7/23/14 10:54 am - Canada

I always found that Good retention came from studying often and early so maybe start today and you will have several days jump start.  I found my last week it was hard to focus but no one else noticed.  And I certainly had more time in that last week to get other things done. Best wishes on your exams and opti fast

Respectfully Jane
Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/23/14 4:56 pm

I don't think I had a hard time focussing  because of Opti but I found the closer I got to the surgery date the harder it was to focus on anything unrelated to the surgery.  I was constantly surfing the net for more info, re-reading the booklets etc. but task we with something un-surgery related and I found it hard to keep my interest.

NorthernStar
on 7/23/14 11:57 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I worried about this too as I was training at work at the time, but it was fine. I was super hungry, but really fine. If anything it's probably good to distract you from food, it will give you something else to concentrate on.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics