gallbladder attack

val60
on 2/3/14 8:58 pm - oshawa, Canada

having so many problems with trying to eat healthy and cut all bad food out had 5 gall bladder attacks since dec and doctors are saying I should rethink about having a gastric by pass with having seizures they saying my medication will not be absored properly and cause my level to go out of wack

val

referral Oct 2013,orientation Nov 25 2013, 1st  surgeon Dr Huyan  appt dec 10 2013, had blood work today dietitian Mar 10 8am ,social worker march 10 9 am,Nurse Clinican 10 am

Patm
on 2/3/14 10:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Would you have the same issue with a sleeve for the absorbsion of meds?

kimber291
on 2/3/14 11:52 pm, edited 2/3/14 11:53 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

If you have had 5 attacks have you asked them why they are not removing it? That is a lot in a short period of time. I had 4 attacks in less then a year, with the last two being within a week of one another. So I went to my family doctor. When I seen him last month he sent me for an ultra sound to confirm I did have the stones and then he was going to send me to a surgeon. The only reason he didn't was because he knew I was seeing the surgeon about my bypass and he wanted to see f they were going to remove it once they seen the results from the ultrasound, he did however tell me that if the attacks kept up that I would have to have it removed as it takes presidence(sp) over the bypass. 

I dont understand why if your removing the bad food from your diet you would be having attacks, one would think it would improve. I was told to stay away from greasy/fatty/fried/spicy foods. Eat baked, broiled and boiled foods. Fruits/veggies. 

I hope you you start to feel better, and as the other poster suggested maybe the sleeve is the best for you with medications etc. 

Good luck!

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Zizzler
on 2/4/14 12:00 pm

Hi kimber291,

Eliminating foods that cause attacks helps for a while but the disease itself does not improve. Foods that did not make you sick before will start making you sick, so it can be difficult to know what to eat.  By the time I got my gallbladder out nearly everything would make me sick. I remember one person I spoke with before surgery said the only thing she could eat for 3 months prior without having an attack was soup broth and saltine crackers. Gallbladder disease does not get better & it only gets worse with time, which is why they surgically remove it. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

kimber291
on 2/4/14 9:22 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you for following up with the explaination, I wasn't aware of all that. 

I don't even eat a lot of the types of foods that the doctor told me to avoid. I guess it's a precautionary. When I have my surgery on Tuesday, I will be having mine removed. No sense in leaving it there, I don't want to have to have surgery again if I can avoid it. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Zizzler
on 2/9/14 2:55 am

No problem - getting it out sounds like a good idea.  Best of luck to you with your surgery

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/3/14 11:56 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I know someone with epilepsy who had the VSG done with no issues! As for the gall bladder attacks, if ytou are having issues they will remove it during your surgery :) Good luc****ep trucking!

zillah
on 2/4/14 1:30 am

If you have the sleeve you will absorb your medication for epilepsy.  I went through the Guelph clinic and I know a lady who had the sleeve because this was the procedure that would allow her body to process her epilepsy medicine.  People who have the sleeve seem to be happy with it. 

ou will absorb your meds for your epilepsy.  I am through Guelph and I know a lady who was given th

Foy
on 2/4/14 2:09 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

I had my gall bladder out at the same time as my RNY. One stop shopping that avoided any further issue with by gall bladder. 

Talk to your clinic about a VSG instead of an RNY if medication is an issue. This is an opportunity to educcate your other doctors about GB. I know mine was sadly way out of the loop and didn't even know about the registry. 

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

cmargaret60
on 2/4/14 9:59 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to have the gallbladder removed and adjusting you diet a little more?

Most Active
Recent Topics