Update on Moi......

BluEyz32
on 3/30/13 9:10 pm - Canada

Hey all I realized I haven't given any of you an update in a few days so here goes. I am still in TWH thanks so much to all who have come to visit especially those who came when I was sleeping and I didn't talk to you. I had the second scope on Thursday afternoon where they found a large ulcer nearly the size of my new pouch hence the nausea vomiting yada yada yada,,,,, They have been giving me all kinds of iv medications including something called Pantaloc in order to get all acids out of my stomach, there is also an oral medication that regretfully will not stay down so I am just to keep on trying to get it down and keep it down. Yesterday I met with Dr Jackson and Dr Penner's Fellow, Something one of my good friends said to me last night that maybe this situation can be used to advocate to others perhaps not right now and perhaps someone reading this will get some help from it. They told me yesterday that the location of the ulcer is in the same place as where all the inflammation was back in February, I pushed and pushed and pushed to find out what it was and the residents just kind of ignore you, only you know your body best and you know when something is wrong, I am no longer really dealing with the residents it is more so Fellow's and Surgeons and they are fantastic and will truly listen too you. Last night they took some more blood and my vitamin levels are in the toilet as well as potassium so we are starting some iv vitamins and minerals today, they also did a chest xray and are talking about trying some PTN, if things have not gotten to the point where i can at least keep down sips of water they are considering surgery this week sometime. This is not meant to be a poor pity me as I was told many times last night what's done is done and it's time to deal with what is going on. Please tell someone if something is wrong because again only you know your own body best. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter today, take some time today and let the ones you love how much you really care because you just never know when you won't be able to anymore. Love you all .

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

birdiegirl
on 3/30/13 9:18 pm

I sincerely hope things improve for you soon....you sound like you have a wonderful attitude which helps.......all the best to you and hope you get home soon

anewstart
on 3/30/13 10:37 pm - Canada
wishing you well blueyz...sending you positive healing vibes and may this situatiom be resolved quickly.
best wishes
moniquesgettingft
on 3/30/13 11:22 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada

Wishing you a heartfelt speedy recovery and it sounds like you at the right place to get you the help u need. You'll be in my prayers today. 

Needanewbeginning
on 3/30/13 11:38 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Get well soon 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

4-Jane
on 3/30/13 11:59 pm - Canada

Sending positive energy for healing and hoping that you recover quickly so that you can be in your own space

Respectfully Jane
Sunny123
on 3/31/13 12:11 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I hope you get well soon.  thank you for the Easter wishes.

Can I ask if you had a scope prior to your WLS?

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

BluEyz32
on 3/31/13 12:16 am - Canada

Nope no scope prior and yesterday I was advised that they actually don't like to do a scope till we are at least six weeks out. I am two months out today. I also found out that the ulcer cannot be removed surgically because of it's location so any surgery would be considered exploratory to see what else might be causing the nausea.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nanato2
on 3/31/13 12:26 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Bonnie

Thanks for the update. I have taken Pantoloc for years for my stomach and funny thing is after the surgery they gave me something else and after a month I stopped it and went back to my Pantoloc and my stomach has given me no problem.

Well glad they have found out and you are starting on the mend.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

RidingFan
on 3/31/13 12:24 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Good to hear from you, g= so glad you getting the help you need but a yucky place to spend Easter.  Hope they get to the bottom of things and that theyturn around for you soon...here's to a healthier and happier Spring - all the best for a speedy recovery! 

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics