feeling frustrated

readytomoveon
on 2/7/13 7:05 am - Canada

I Had my RNY on Jan 18. - 3 weeks tomorrow. My problem is that I think I should be getting better and I actually feel like im worse... Im not losing weight like I thought I would be ... and I guess im wondering why I did this... 

Is this normal? I know in my head that ive lost something.. 251 on Surgery, 239 this morning, but 12 pounds in three weeks seems weak. I have been drinking my protein, getting my water. and taking my vitamins... what more can I do? I have been walking, and even went back to work this week. 

Any advice would be great.

SURGERY DATE: JANUARY 18 2013 WITH DR. MAMAZZA

katzmeow13
on 2/7/13 7:12 am

I feel your frustration. 

I'm guessing we just have to trust the process, there is a usual stall that I've read a lot and saw with Joey too.

what do you mean by feeling worse?? Is it simply fatigue from going back to work so soon? 

I am only taking reg Tylenol now, but certain foods can make me feel pretty horrible for 20-30 min and I do take the odd 1/2 gravol.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

katzmeow13
on 2/7/13 7:20 am

Feel free to message me if you need to chat or have questions....

my weight loss is pretty close to yours.

i was the day before you and I've loss 13 lbs since surgery and 26 since opti... But my fav number is from my highest weight this summer

40 .... We have to look at the bigger picture and try not to compare ourselves to people who loose 20 lbs in less than two weeks.

it will come off in the end and eating will become easier too... I have Joey as proof... I remember the days when he would sigh and walk away from the table after two bites... Some days all of his protein came from yogurt and shakes...

now he is 7 lbs away Fromm 100 lbs lost and food issues are much easier... He has energy, less pain and new pants!

readytomoveon
on 2/7/13 7:24 am - Canada
Wow! That's awesome... I am glad that you are around the same as me... I haven't taken anything but Tylenol the off time since coming home, but tonight I went and filled my prescription ... I find working very hard... By the end of the night I'm in pain... I'm glad to be back but it seems a long time to still be in pain... Do you have any idea how long it will be before being pain free? I just want to feel normal again

SURGERY DATE: JANUARY 18 2013 WITH DR. MAMAZZA

katzmeow13
on 2/7/13 7:45 am

I was actually on the prescription meds till early this week... So you got me beat there :)

can you do a reduced schedule at work?

maybe give yourself a little more healing time?

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/7/13 7:22 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

You're right... 12 pounds doesn't seem like a lot...

But tell me... When was the last time you lost 4 lbs a week with the knowledge you wouldn't gain it back the following week... because it was only from being dehydrated while ill.

When was the last time you did it 3 weeks in a row?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Laura H.
on 2/7/13 7:34 am - Canada

I am losing weight very slowly with my rny.  I am almost 5 months out and have lost 72 lbs. from beginning of opti.  The dietician was kind enough to let me know that I am at the low end of losing weight.  My doctor and therapist tell me that it is good to lose slowly but I feel your pain.  I see others who have had their surgery after mine and have lost way more weight.  I try not to compare but at times it is hard.  I am thankful for the surgery as my tastes have changed for the better and I know I will get to where I am going.  It is just going to take me longer.

Laura H.

GirlSassy
on 2/7/13 7:37 am - Kingston, Canada

Just relax and breathe! It will happen!

I am 3 months out and have lost 46, it comes (or go's) in waves, some weeks I'm down more, others I'm the same for a few weeks.

I think slow weight loss is great! I don't want to lose it all quickly as I want to look good in the end as well. I am trying to avoid the dreaded flab! I am exercising 3 times a week at the gym and walking the dog every day.

Get the ants out of your pants! It's happening whether you know it or not!

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

macrobug1
on 2/7/13 7:50 am, edited 2/7/13 7:50 am

I am a slow loser too.  Since the start of preop diet I have lost 60 lbs, 42 in the 13 weeks since surgery.  I lose 2 or 3 lbs here and there.  It is nothing for me to go several weeks without losing.  In fact I have been the same weight for the last 2 weeks.  I seem to have more stalls than actual loss.  It is frustrating.  But I keep trucking along getting in my protein and excercise.  I keep hoping that sometime in the near future I will start losing s steady 4 - 5 lbs a week.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/13 7:54 am - Straford, Canada

You just posted one of the most common queries for newly operated folks.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  

Most Active
Recent Topics