3 WKS post OP.. weight gain????

lilbird
on 2/4/13 1:58 am - Cambridge , Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Ok, what am I doing wrong... I was on a stall for the past week and half at 250/251- then I dropped to 249 then down to 248... this am I am up to 249.6 again... I am not weighing every day as I was the first week or two out .. it was amazing to see the daily loss lol.. 

I am wondering if it is cause yesterday I ate chicken for dinner... first time.. and the day before had a boiled egg for lunch.

Only ate about half the portion of chicken they say you can have and used a bit of greek yogurt to dip so it was not dry.

Am basically still on full fluids till this Thurs., but was getting concerned about the amount of protein I was getting in.

Yes Bm are ok, every couple days it seems ok by nurse at clinic for that issue.

Any input greatly appreciated. 

TKS TC Donna

1/10/13  Dr. Reed(Guelph) HW 315  OPTI 284.8 (-17.2 )  SD 267.5   CW 181.8 GW 125

1)19.8 2)12.8  3)11.4 4)10 5)10.2 6(July) 9.0 7)6.8 8)     9)      10)      11)      12)

There is no duty we underrate so much as the duty of being happy. Robert Louis Stevenson.

Patm
on 2/4/13 2:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Our bodies are strange. It may of decided you are staving and gone into a short stall. Often you will lose inches but not weight. Also consider if you are holding water weight?

Vi-Vi
on 2/4/13 2:22 am
VSG on 12/13/12

I'm 7 weeks post op and I did the very same thing for the first 4 weeks or so!  Just continue what you're doing & it will come off!  Make sure you try to get all your protein!  

Sylvie

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/13 2:45 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I would not worry about it . I had the same thing happened to me several times although I was weighing every day and some days I would go up and most days down. Usually a good BM and lots of water and I would be down again.

nata
on 2/4/13 3:42 am - Ottawa, Canada

Relax, it's glycogen replenishment in muscles. Normal process. your body used up all immediate store of "fast energy" stored directly in the muscles. This energy is chemical, stored as chemical compound called glycogen. It is stored as a water solution 1:4. i.e.for one pound of glycogen you store four pounds of water. It goes into your muscle tissue, so BM doesn't help with it. and you don't need to be fighting this totally normal, natural and healthy water retention. From time to time you're going to his stalls and even go a pound of two up, when body uses up all stored glycogen and needs to repleni****

At three weeks postop NOTHING can go wrong with regards to weight loss. Yes, complications are possible, but no failure can occur that early out. Relax and concentrate on healing. And enjoy your chicken if you're allowed.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
jdance
on 2/4/13 4:23 am - Canada

3 weeks post op and you are eating chicken?

It's been awhile but i thought Guelph didn't want you eating anything but mushy stuff for at least a month.

the weight gain is nothing to worry about, it'll start to fall off, weigh only once a week and it won't bother so much.

lilbird
on 2/4/13 6:00 am - Cambridge , Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Yes spoke to the nut today, told her what i had eaten, egg on sat and some chick last night.. she said ok. As I tollerated both of those with no issues it was ok to go on To gradually continue to add new foods then, as I am 26 days out now. 

All is good, do not intend to jump the gun on stuff .. realized i also have a mind set that NOTHING is gona bother me lol cept of course any thing sweet, lol .. will not eat junk or stuff that will defeat my goal

Thanks all *****plied to me much appreciated.

TC Donna

1/10/13  Dr. Reed(Guelph) HW 315  OPTI 284.8 (-17.2 )  SD 267.5   CW 181.8 GW 125

1)19.8 2)12.8  3)11.4 4)10 5)10.2 6(July) 9.0 7)6.8 8)     9)      10)      11)      12)

There is no duty we underrate so much as the duty of being happy. Robert Louis Stevenson.

mermaidz
on 2/4/13 8:16 am - Brampton, Canada

1 & 1/2 pounds?

Ok.. Honestly? Lose the scales. If you have to weigh yourself, do it once a week. Or even once a month.

It's going to be a very long process if you become concerned over that amount of weight. And I'm not saying that to be mean to you...

That could be one ginormous bowel movement!.. And there ya go.. all good again. Or you're retaining water because you're due for your period. Or  Or Or...

It will come off, despite yourself lol ok?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/6/13 10:32 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*giggle*

I was hovering between 295-298 depending on the scale last week (did it to humour a friend). This week on the official one i was 297... Today... Yep... GINORMOUS. *giggle*

Wanna bet I'd be 295 again?

Oh and I am not fretting over the lack of change in weight this week because I measure and I am down in inches... Got to love the shift an adjust. AKA stall.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

mermaidz
on 2/7/13 1:14 am - Brampton, Canada

I don't think people give fecal weight nearly enough credit. lmao.. I'mm sure there are days I lose 2-3 lbs just.. because lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics