Protein Powder Recommendations - Walmart, Shoppers or Online

Jessica D.
on 12/21/12 9:26 am - Canada

Sorry guys I am just full of questions tonight......what protein powder would you recommend that I can get at Walmart or Shoppers........I can not get to Barrie and do not have a Cotsco card....looking to get something locally or even online....Recommendations plz!

Amanda F.
on 12/21/12 10:01 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

I love unflavored Precision Extreme Isolate 97! I get it at Popeye's and it's the best tasting of the proteins I've had. It is 97% pure so it doesn't have the horrid aftertaste a lot of protein powders do.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

smiley_k
on 12/21/12 11:48 am

I love the syntrax nectar proteins. I use the chocolate and vanilla, but have tried most of their flavours, including the fruity ones (think fruit punch, fuzzy peach, iced tea, etc.) and have enjoyed those as well. I just find for making my shakes and using it in baking that these are the two most versitile flavours. They mix easily with milk or water, don't clump and don't have an after taste. I buy them online at the low carb grocery but got a sample pack straight from the manufacturer first so I could decide which flavour I wanted to invest a whole container in. I believe it was a 13 flavour sampler for $13, no shipping charges. 

Hope this helps!

Katie  ♥     

JennR
on 12/21/12 11:54 am
Both brands from walmart are good. Chocolate flavors are the best, vanilla not so much, my husband likes the strawberry.

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/12 8:27 pm - Straford, Canada

as long as they're within the guidle ines, less than 5g carbs and have a good count of protein per serving >20g you should be good to go.  The unflavored one is a little trickier in my experience, as a few I have tasted have real tastes and that isn't what I expected, they all change the texture of what they're added to but some really have tastes.  For the unflavored I would get to a GNC or Popeyes so you can taste it before you buy.  Just my opinion!  Good Luck!

Kerry F.
on 12/22/12 6:58 am - Bolton, Canada

My favourite is the Body Fortress at Walmart...chocolate.  I sometimes add some sugar free DaVinci syrup in it for a change of pace.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/22/12 8:42 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

They sell ISO-Femme at Walmart... It is reasonably priced typically... Chocolate is a winner. Strawberry is not bad... Vanilla I am still working on processing but I am not a vanilla girl to begin with. Stats meet our needs. a 31g scoop has 25g of protein... Etc. etc. http://www.isofemme.com/

I have been known to combine chocolate and strawberry... That was good too.

And many of the places will ship so if you do venture out and find something you like you can typically purchase and ship.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Lynette1962
on 12/23/12 12:07 am - Whitby, Canada

You may also want to consider GNC - they have some good protein powders and sometimes you can buy one, get the 2nd for 50% off. 

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

PWA93
on 12/23/12 9:21 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

I get mine from here... http://www.dynawheyprotein.com/

The chocolate-banana and Chocolate-Peanut Butter are amazing.  I have been using whey protein for 10+ years and have tried more than I can remember and this is the best I have ever had.  Mixes awesome with with water or milk.  Best is to put in magic bullet with some ice.

The Orange Cream is not one of my favourite flavours.  You can sometimes find it also at Zehrs but price is $32 a bag so cheaper to get online and you can get sample packs too and just pay shipping to try first.  Shipping is about 5 days.

Most Active
Recent Topics