Beginning my journey

Anastasia_Marie
on 11/19/12 10:56 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

Hello, My name is Anastasia. I am 27 years old and have just started the initial faze of my journey. I have my doctors appointment set up for my referral. I am currently around 200 pounds overweight. I have struggled with my weight since I was 14 years old. I am fairly new to Kingston, ON. Been here for just over 2 years and have had a really hard time adjusting and meeting new people. Would love to get to know anyone really and be able to support each other through this journey. My family and partner do not really understand what it is to be obese. Or to have the internal and external battles that I deal with daily. Just looking for some like minded people who are interested in changing their life with me.

sam1am
on 11/19/12 11:41 pm

Welcome to the Ontario board, Anastasia!  You will find a lot of like minded people here and I believe there are support groups in Kingston as well!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

zephie
on 11/20/12 12:01 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Like you I am just starting...you could not have come to a better place for support...I have found everyone on here to be so helpful and encouraging. There is always a good laugh from the interactions on the board!! Enjoy and join in!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Patm
on 11/20/12 12:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome. i know there are people on here going through Kingston. i believe someone posted yesterday. I am sure they will chime in at some point. Good luck with your journey

Julia P.
on 11/20/12 12:22 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm a bit far from you, but wanted to welcome you to the board and wish you good luck!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

shrinkingeve
on 11/20/12 1:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

This is my dear friend and I am so glad she is here :) I just wish we lived closer.

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

Hannahmumma03
on 11/20/12 1:11 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

Welcome and good luck on the journey.........it quite the ride!!

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Dar_Mab
on 11/20/12 1:16 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Welcome to the forum!     Enjoy the journey! 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/12 3:25 am - Straford, Canada

welcome Anastasia!  You have found a group of folks who "get" that some don't understand your battles and demons.  Most of us battled very similar ones for quite a while!  Hope your journey is a quick and satisfying one!  

P_Floyd
on 11/20/12 4:50 am - Canada

Hello and welcome Anastasia. Congratulations on making that big decision to change your lifestyle and become a healthier you. You can learn a lot from this journey if you're open to it, but it's a tough job. Not impossible, but in no way easy either. Most people, while sympathetic to what you're doing, won't understand what you're going through. One of the really cool things about this place is that there are people here who know and understand it because they've gone through the same things you are now. 

It's a long process and sometimes can get discouraging, but keep at it and finally the count down to your surgery will begin in earnest. This is a great tool to help you change your lifestyle. For me, food addiction was a big problem. I would eat when I was upset, happy, bored, celebrating, lonely or enjoying the company of others. Having that out of the way lets me become mobile, eat better without over eating. Become energized and stronger from going to the gym and at this point replacing fat with muscle. 

Speaking of, I've got a bit of a milestone coming up in a little over two weeks. One of my goals was to be in the gym everyday for four months. Barring any problems, I will hit that on December 6th. Now if at the beginning of this year, you told me I would be in the gym everyday for four months you would be upset at just how hard I would be laughing at you and your crazy ideas. From almost 400 pounds to 265 and counting. My life has changes so drastically that I feel like a whole new man. Plus there are a lot of people I've met through the gym that are nice folks as well as all these wonderful people here that are so supportive and just willing to listen. 

So welcome Anastasia to a very good part of your life that will surprise even you. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Most Active
Recent Topics